Chapter 5 (Julian's POV)

Hi guys, this is Reagan. Just warning you that this chapter might be a bit graphic! Thanks you so much for reading and please vote if you ship Snowbert (or not, it's up to you :P)

Trying to make my hands shake less, I started removing the shrapnel from the surface of the wound.

"Is there supposed to be this much blood?" asked Iris as she cleaned the wound.

"Yes, it's normal," Caitlin assured her, her eyes closed tightly. She was in a lot of pain.

"That's all the shrapnel from the surface," I said as I got the last piece.

Caitlin looked at the x-ray. "Now you just need to get the large piece that's in the wound. It's surrounded by some major blood vessels, so if you hit any of them I may go into shock."

"Sh-shock?" I repeated.

"But it's okay, I trust you. I know you can do it," she encouraged me.

I put my tweezers into the wound and got ahold of the piece. "I got it."

"Great, now pull it out," Caitlin said. The heart monitor started beeping faster.

"I can't, it's stuck!" I started to panic.

"Her heart rate's increasing," Cisco reminded us.

"Then turn it," she said, and I could tell she was getting tense.

I turned it, and she stifled a cry.

"It's getting up there!" Cisco practically shouted.

"There might be a tendon in the way," Barry suggested.

"Then I will rip this necklace off," said Cisco, gesturing to the necklace he made for Caitlin that dampens her ice powers.

"No!" she said firmly. "I would rather die."

I had no choice now. "Caitlin, this is going to hurt."

I turned the piece of shrapnel and pulled it out. Caitlin screamed in pain.

Everyone in the room winced. Iris quickly cleaned up the blood that was now pouring out of her wound.

"Can you please stitch me up, because I think I'm going to pass out," she panted.

"Yes, yes, of course. Well done," I said quickly as I reached for the tools.

Sorry for the short chapter! Thank you guys so much for all the reads and votes! Just letting you know, this chapter is not my own writing. This scene is from CW's The Flash. I don't want to run into any copyright issues. I just wrote this part so the story makes sense. I promise my own writing will show up soon (like it did in the beginning of the book)!

-Reagan