Chapter 4 (Julian's POV)

"NO!" Gypsy screams as she jumps out of a breach.

In that moment, Joe turns around in surprise. And one moment was all Abra needed. He snaps his fingers and he's gone.

"D*mn it, Joe! I had him! I finally had him!" Gypsy screamed. She opened a breach and jumped into it.

"ABRA KADABRA IS LOSE IN THE BUILDING!" Cisco shouts over the announcement thing.

"We need to get out of here," I say urgently to Caitlin. She nods and we run down the hall to the elevator.

"... I can finally get what I came for," Abra Kadabra was saying to Joe in front of the elevator. Joe pointed his gun at him. But Abra held up some sort of futuristic bomb.

"MOVE!" Joe shouts as Abra throws the grenade. It explodes. There is a deafening bang, and smoke is everywhere. I cough as I breathe in some dust. I am disoriented for a few seconds.

But then I saw Caitlin lying on the ground and I suddenly get my strength back. I climb to my feet and half run, half crawl to her. I pull her out from beneath some rubble that fell. Luckily, it was above her, but not on top of her.

"Caitlin! Caitlin are you alright?" I ask as I pull her out.

She cries out in pain and I look down to see a piece of shrapnel protruding from her side. Her shirt is soaked with blood.

"HELP! WE NEED HELP!" I scream. I completely forget about Abra Kadabra, who by no doubt is gone by now. I pull Caitlin up and carry her to the cortex. Barry runs in and helps me get her to a hospital bed. Soon everyone- Iris, Joe, Barry, Cisco, and me are there with her. Everyone except for HR, who no one has seen in a week.

"How bad is it?" Caitlin barely manages to ask.

"Uh- it's bad. It's bad," I say honestly as I x-ray the wound.

"We need to get her to a hospital," Cisco says.

"But they'll ID her as a meta," Barry points out.

"And not just any meta," Joe reminds us. "A meta who has attacked CCPD."

"Then what are we going to do?" asks Iris. "We're not doctors and she can't operate on herself."

"All I need is a mirror and a steady set of hands," says Caitlin between deep breaths. My stomach drops when she looks at me. "You were a field medic in the Royal Army, right?"

"I-I-I've never operated on anyone before!" I protest. I can't do it. I can't...

"It's okay, Julian. I trust you. I know you can do it," her voice is now barely above a whisper. She's losing strength.

I nod. "I-I'll do it for you."

She manages I weak smile, I know just to encourage me.

I grab some gloves. So does Iris. "I can help a little," she says.

I get the tools and a mirror. I take a deep breath. "Alright. Let's... let's just get this over with."