-4-

-Y/N pov-

"Where were you?" a voice said, as soon as I entered the Manor

"I went to the mall and bought a fucken gown for your stupid party"

"Watch your mouth. You have to be there because you will be soon joining the company"

"That's bullshit!! You can't make me!!"

"I can and will. It's what mom and dad would have wanted"

"Whatever, I need to shower before the party. And if you still don't believe I was at the mall you can check my credit card statements. Like you always do" I hissed leaving him behind

Once inside I set the dress on a hanger while I went to shower. After I finished my shower routine I walked over to my desk, to dry my hair. While drying my hair I pulled out some files from work. The first one is 'Bolt' the name he gave himself. Real name: Carlos Madrigal. He is a metahuman with the powers of lightning. A great assets to use against those who betray my trust. Now I have to think of a way to get him out. After going over the file I started getting ready for the party.

-that night-

It was finally time for the party. I was wearing the dress I bought at the mall. It's a lace v neck dress with beading and slit mermaid sweep train, 2017 edition. Along with brown theme makeup and black lip color. I walked down the stairs into the ballroom to see it packed. All eyes on me, which is a good sign. 

"Hello, Miss Wayne" they would greet me along the way

"Please, it's just Y/N, it sounds more official. I mean I will be joining the company soon"

"That is wonderful news. It will be an honor if you need help in anything. I will do anything you ask" he said, kissing my hand, I so wanted to pull away but I just gave a smile

"Now if you excuse me I must find my brother for a quick chat" I said, walking as quickly as possible, away from that disgusting man

As I was roaming around, I see Bruce surrounded by woman. And of the worst kind, the ones who are fake with fake accents. Well, extra fake because everything about them and on them is FAKE. Thinking if they sound French they seem more appealing. I didn't want anything to do with them or even be near them so I walked in the other direction. I really need to get away from everyone. They just keep repeating the same things over and over again. No matter how many fucken times I tell them I will be joining the company. I walked to the bar, wishing someone could take me out of my misery. I took my place in front of the bartender.