Prologue.

00:01.

my peaceful trance was interrupted. I look over at my buzzing phone reminding me of my promise to stop working past midnight. I sighed saving the document and taking a gulp of coffee. My small box office illuminated only by the bright glow of my computer and the dull city outside the large. I close the document reluctantly. I stared at my blank glowing screen. I really should put a background on it. My phone buzzed indicating a message. I opened my phone seeing who it was from.

Lafayette (also known as laf). We had originally meet when I was 19. he had recently moved from france and I had done the same from the Caribbean. We share a flat with 2 others. There was Hercules (hurc), lafayette's boyfriend (now fiancé) who was an apprentice to a dress making and tailoring company and there was john laurens… he is no longer with us so I tend not to talk of him. The 4 of us all ended up being best friends hanging out (mainly at pubs). We were all talking in park one day resulting in me meeting eliza. We're got married.
About a month later John went missing for 3 months… his brothers henry and james were walking around some woods where they grew up when they found him… after a long trail to find his…

Body.

After the funeral laf and hurc ended up moving to france. I still talked to laf over the years but I haven't seen him in years. My eyes read the message:

-Bonjour, mon ami!I know it's late there and you're probably asleep so ill keep this short. How's everything across the sea? Did you take my advice about trying to make a friend or something from your area? You could always do it online. All done! Bye :-) X

he'd been bugging me for over an year to try and make a friend or something saying that I ‘spend too much time working and shutting people out’ and should get out more… to be honest everyone says that. I looked back over to the blinking time teller. 00:13.

I went to click on my folder so I could continue​ my work but I hesitate. I never usually. Maybe laf was right…

I scrolled up though his messages finding the website he had told me to use. I copied it into my browser and waited for the page to load.

I create an account using my old nickname: tomcat51

I smiled a bit at the name.

I clicked on my info filling in the interests. "I got told to make a friend." I wrote. I finished my coffee and went to make an another.

I returned to a little bubble blink in the right hand corner with a little two on it.

I read the name out loud but in a hushed whisper

"MCfuchsia..." I clicked on the chat sniggering at the name. What even is a fuchsia

I read there message

'Hi, I was scrolling through all the local accounts and yours seem the most interesting.so I thought I would pick you to talk to.' I read the next message 'i have to go. I have work tomorrow, hope to talk to ya tomorrow!'

'Thanks' I type back and think for a moment 'i may be busy I have a busy job'. I go to close the window most likely to never returned but I stop . This person has gone out of there way to talk to me, I should give them a shot. 'don't be afraid to message me.' I close my laptop.

I open my laptop.

I wait to see if there's a reply.

I wait…

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••