chapter 8

{jeffersons POV}

It had been almost a month since id returned from my trip and i had not gone back to work. I had told washington about my decision. He made me work at home. My surgery lomed on the calendar as the next day and all I wanted was to go to work. I needed a distraction. I needed...

Alexander kept intruding in my mind and part of me felt remorse to the friendship and trust we built on the trip that we would likely never have again. It reminded me of the sudden friendship i has with Tomcat51, it felt nostalgic.

We talked everyday, i told him about the cancer and he was the best support i had. He made me laugh when i needed to and comforted me when i needed it. I found it hard to admit to myself but i had grown attached to him. I wanted to meet him but was too afraid to ask, i had never liked meeting people face to face. Madison and washington had been around frequently to check on me with the odd addition of burr sometimes. Alex hadn't but then again he didn't know where i lived...

I guess that's more my fault than anyone else's.

I turned on the tv and watched some reruns of Friends. When my alarm clock announced that it was time to leave i dragged my suitcase to the taxi and made my way to the hospital.

~i'm off to the hospital.

-hope you don't die <3

I smiled at the love heart from tomcat51 it was my last thought as i went under though i couldn't think why.

{hamiltons pov}

I swung round impatiently on my chair. Work had been iratingly boring lately.My job load had decreased and Thomas Jefferson had been missing in action so he wasn't there to torment, not that i feel like arguing against the later. I opened my phone. Thommy was still offline...

Thommy was having his transplant today and i was ridin in worry. I kept finding myself worrying about him. What if his body rejects it? What if it did not freeze properly and its moldy? What if the surgeon is allergic to thommays shampoo and he goes into the allagy thing that makes people look like giant bee stings and thommy is dying and everyone too shocked with bee sting man!

"Alex, you look worried?" i looked up dizzly to see washington by the door of my small office.

"A friend of mine i made, online, im worried about him. He so nice and funny and... and if he dies i'll never get to..." i began crying and washington wrapped an arm around me, "he is my best friend... i don't want to lose any more..." i told him all about thomas and felt slightly better.

"He'll be fine alexander. I understand. Madison went home early today why don't you?"

"I guess..." i began to make my way out, "hey where's thomas been?"

"Son, you constantly astounded me. He is on medical leave" he seemed to share a private smile with himself. I rolled my eyes continuing to leave, press were outside so i went out the back making sure not to sign out since i still hate lee for the stupid hotel trick...

"Hello maria" and i knew she would be there.

"Hey babe." she kissed me on the check, "wanna...drop by mine"

I smiled, grabbing her waist at least it would help me relax. We reached her door she pulled me into a deep kiss. "Do you love your wife?" she whispered suddenly. I went speechless. "Do you love me?... do you love anyone?" she looked back at me with teary eyes.

"Maria whats wrong?"

"If you love your wife you'll do what he says."

"Do what who says?" she unlocked the door and i fell backwards.

"No comment?" a dark familiar voice growled.

wait?

james reynolds.

______________________________________________________

AN

hey look i actually updated!

how shocked are you all?

now wait another 5 years while i write the next bit lol

-GT13