chapter 3

I got up from my bed. I hadn't slept I'd just laid there so Eliza would fall asleep. I had a shower and got changed. I felt sorry for Eliza. I tell her but she was my best friend. I couldn't upset her that much. I tightened my tie looking in the mirror. I could see her asleep in the background. I went over to her whispering a goodbye before retrieving my glasses and heading off to work. There was only one press member waiting outside when i reached the building.

“Ah, mt. hamilton! Just who i was looking for! Have you any comment on the government funding your receiving” it was james reynolds again.

“No.” i walked past him. This dude was persistent i'll give him that. I headed to the meeting room even though i had over an hour before it started. I sat in my usual seat typing on my phone. I heard someone else come in but didn't look up, not caring who it was. I just wanted to write. To be distracted from guilt, thoughts and the world. I'd give anything to just stay in the world i was immersed in every time i began to type or write.

Anything…

~mac and cheese dude POV~

I entered the meeting room burr sat silently reading next to hamilton who was typing away. I took my seat opposite to hamilton. I looked at him. He looked kinda odd in glasses. I hadn't seen him where them before, i didn't even know he had any. Burr saw me staring at hamilton.

“He’s in his own world. He always is when he's writing. He was like this in college before he got kicked out”

“Kicked out?”

“They had a 3 strikes and you're out policy on fighting. For the first month he hadn't done anything but sit in the library and type and outside of the school he hung with 3 friends of his, noone really took notice of him until He got picked to have a debate with the british exchange student in front of the school. The debate was on whether free health care was a good or bad idea. Alex showed the poor kid up in front of the whole school and even after the teacher said he'd won he continued to argue. You know lee the receptionist, He was dating the kid and picked a fight with hamilton. he thought Alexander was all bark and no bite. He was far from right, the british kid tried to stop the fight and...ended up having to go back to britain early. The second fight happened the day after when some kid was being homophobic. The school gave him extra chances because he was the smartest in the school, i was second. Then one day he got expelled no one knows how but he must of done something pretty bad”

“How far though his course did he get?”

“Work wise, he'd finished it. Time wise, under 2 months” i looked back over at alexander, his eyes still glued on to his phone his thumbs dance away. He looked upset… i don't know why he did…

but he did...

Washington came in soon followed by madison. Washington managed to snapped hamilton out of his trance eventually. Hamilton hardly spoke throughout the meeting his gaze kept wandering out of the window. At the end of the meeting everyone left but hamilton and i. I tapped him on the shoulder.

“Are you ok? You didn't make a single sly remark at me all meeting” i smiled, he pushed his glasses up on his nose.

“Im fine” he collected his stuff up before quickly leaving. He seemed upset. I hope he's OK…

~Ham pov~

I'd been distracted all meeting. I'm not sure if it was because of Eliza or the fact that Jefferson was staring at me the whole time!

He has to be up to something!

I signed out early not wanting to encounter him again. I thought about going to the park to work but I wasn't sure.