Child Kidd x Shy! Neko Reader

Story idea/request by: Traffy_law

Thanks so much!!! :)))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You limped out onto the street, broken and bleeding. The boys which were holding the awful sticks followed closely behind you, trying to see where you were headed.

You quickened your pace, still shivering and terrified of the blood that pulsed through your head, the throbbing that wouldn't stop in your hind ankle.

You tried to lose them, sidestepping and slinking into the shadows, but they were relentless. They wanted you to suffer. You had no energy to start running again, and even then they would still catch up on those skateboards of theirs.

"Catch it!" The tallest boy shouted, while others started running towards you. Damn. You hobbled faster, but they were gaining. Suddenly as you turned a corner, a large shadow loomed over you.

"Oh? What do we have here?" The redhead said, smirking. He had his hands in his pockets, and a pair of goggles perched atop his head, contrasting his flaming red hair. "Shoo." He then said to you. Wait, no. He was talking to the boys who were behind me. His frame, although lean, was muscular and he held a large baseball bat on his shoulder.

"Huuuuuuuh?" The tallest boy said, a frown on his face. "Do you know who you're talking to?" He nodded towards his lackeys and they charged towards the redhead.

You shuddered as one swung his fist at the redhead, aiming for his gut, but he swiftly dodged and used his large bat to knock out the boy.

Just as you let out a sigh of relief, three charged at him. The first managed to connect his fist to the redhead's gut, but a strong kick from the redhead sent him flying. One, holding a golf club, swung it at his head, but he deflected it with the baseball bat while punching the third.

You stared at the tallest boy, his eyes wide and scared of the boy in front of him, even though the redhead was barely half his size, he was so skinny. Then, he slowly backed away, and ran off with his tail between his legs. Oh, right, humans don't have tails.

Seeing your escape, you scampered off, and hid away behind a box. You heard the redhead saying, "Sheesh. After I saved its life and all..."

You slunk deeper into the shadows, trying to make yourself as inconspicuous as possible. But in your mind, the redhead and his smirk couldn't disappear...

~~~~~time skip a few days~~~~~

You were starving. The alleyways that you normally visited had no food, save a fish bone that a rat had wrestled greedily from you. You strayed further from your normal area, staggering from the lack of food.

Just as well, for soon you came upon the smell of someone grilling fish. You ran towards the smell, hoping its owner could spare a few scraps for a poor kitty.

However, as luck would have it, it was the redhead grilling a fish over an open fire. Immediately you backed off, but you steeped on a stick and the sound alerted the redhead. "If it isn't the cat from the other day," he said, putting down the fish he was holding.

You eyed the fish, and e inched closer to you, but you backed off even more, and once he knew that there was no getting to you, at least not soon, he sighed and went back to his grilling.

The smell wafted into your nose, and your stomach spontaneously growled. The redhead smirked, and he pulled a chunk of the fish off and tossed it towards you. You sniffed it suspiciously, and he said, "It's not like I'm going to poison you, you know. Eat up."

You relented and gobbled up the piece of meat and ran away, not wanting to stay in case anything happened.

The next day, you were walking around the area you "claimed" and a familiar scent caught your nose. Unsure of what to do, you cautiously went in the direction of the smell to confirm your suspicions. Yes, it was the redhead. But what was he doing in your area? The place he stayed was at least a couple of neighborhoods away.

He saw you, and just as you were about to run, bent down and waved a piece of grilled fish in. "You like this, right?" He asked. When he saw that you were unsure, he put it down on he ground and backed off a few steps, and you started to eat while he stared at you in silence.

"You're a pretty one, aren't you?" His voice was soothing, and even though you were almost finished, you stayed put, something which you had not done for a long time. "My name's Kidd. I wonder what's yours." He continued taking as if you were a human and that you could reply. And you listened.

Suddenly, a hand rested on your back and you tensed. Butwith a few strokes, you relaxed. When was the last time I did that? You thought. You purred and snuggled closer in his lap, and his warmth flowed through you.

"Can... can I call you (y/n)?" He asked. You purred contently. What a nice name, you thought as your eyes felt heavier and heavier, until you could hold then open no longer.

Finally, you had found someone you could really trust..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo its me again and I did change the request a tiny bit cause the request was actually a Kiddx shy Neko Reader but I made him into a child... I hope you're fine with it though... anyway I'm just proud that I published :3 my exams just ended so....

So anyway vote, comment, follow, whatever (I do read all your comments)

Kidd: that's creepy
Me: 😢
Kidd: it is you stalker
Me: 😭 *runs away*

Kidd: so, since author sama ran away, here's the next in line:

Kidd x shy! Neko reader✔
.
.
.
.
.
Luffy x Neko! Reader

Sabo x marine! Reader

Ace x Strong! Reader

Serious Law x Jokester! Reader

Evil! Genie Law x Reader Pt. 2

Thanks everyone! Requests are still open but your request will be added at the end of the list so you may have to wait awhile... first come first served basis!

~♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡~