Father

Jessie had received a call from her father which concerned her so she put the peddle to metal to get home fast.
Arriving at their home, her father stood there waiting to take Jessie inside.

F: Jessie, sweetie, you know I love you?

J: Dad, what's going on?

F: Some bad people are on their way here. They are after my invention. I don't know how they found out but now their boss wants it for his own fortune.

As her father told her this he took the invention out of his pocket whilst a single tear slid down his cheek, he pointed it at her and a beam came out, covering Jessie's body.

J: Daddy, what did you just do? You are scaring me.

As Jessie was saying this, she noticed everything around her started to grow.

F: Sweetheart, know that I did this to protect you. I hope someday you will be able to forgive me.

Jessie was about to say something when the front door was being kicked in. Her father bent down and gave the little device to her.

F: I love you Jessie. Now Run! 

Jessie was just able to hide in a crack in the wall when to men burst in the living room. One of them grabbed her father while the other one stood in front of him, asking where the device was.

F: Somewhere your boss will never find it!

The men threatened to hurt her.

F: I made sure she is safe and protected. Even tough I failed her, I made arrangements for her safety.

The men knocked her father unconscious and dragged him outside.
When Jessie heard the sound of a leaving car, reality sunk in. She was just 10 centimeters tall and the only person who could return her to normal was just kidnapped.
What now?