Chapter 8: Introductions

Rock Lee's POV:
The girl we rescued has been here for a week and a half. Lady Tsunade hasn't let anyone visit her, except herself, Shizune and Sakura. I decided I would go see Sakura after my morning training. One because it's Sakura, my true love. She just doesn't know it yet. And two because I was curious about the girl.

Sakura had just finished her morning shift at the hospital and was on break when I walked up.
Lee:"Good morning Sakura! You look as beautiful as ever today! How is your training going?"
She smiled at me and said "Now Lee I already told you not to dote on me. My training is going well. It's difficult but I'm managing. What's up? Is there a reason you came to see me or are you just stopping by?"
I hesitated before answering. "Um... I uh... I was wondering about the girl we rescued."
Sakura's face seemed to darken slightly.
"What's the matter Sakura? Is she okay?"
Sakura smiled again and said "Oh she's recovering fine. It's just... She seems so distant. She's like Sai was at first, just not awkward like him. She knows what is right and wrong to say to people, she says nice things too. It's just like she has lost her will to live. I don't know what her life was like, but I don't imagine it was nice."
I listened to this with a heavy heart. She seemed so caring in the cave, so fragile. I couldn't believe she could be so different now. I spoke "I will make it a personal mission to help return her youthful energy! Sakura, when can I visit her?"
Sakura giggled softly and said "Lady Tsunade said she can receive visitors this morning. If you hurry, you'll be her first visitor."
I bid her farewell and dashed into the building asking for her room number. Receiving it, I ran to her room. I knocked and then looked in. it was empty. 'Where could she have gone?' It was then that I heard a voice behind me. It was the hokage. "She's on the roof Lee. She wanted fresh air." After thanking her, I ran up to the roof. Opening the door, I saw her sitting beside a massive dog, playing a flute beautifully.

'The hospital must've given her the flute, or one of the teachers.' I listened to the elegant music she played and became absorbed in it. It was truly breathtaking. Then I saw her stand. She was wearing hospital pants and shirt with no shoes. She played and in her music I could feel a desperate longing. As the song came to a close, she turned to me, her voice was silky "Hello Lee." She had on a head wrap that covered everything but her eyes and I supposed that moments before she had her mouth uncovered to play, but it was covered now. 'Will I ever get to see her face?' She gestured for me to come closer to her and I obeyed.
She sat back down and lay against her dog as though he were a pillow. She patted the floor for me to sit. I did with pleasure. She looked up at the clouds and seemed in a far off place.
I spoke "Thank you for healing me in the cave, you know my name. May I know yours?" I didn't expect her to say it, her being an anbu after all. However she did.
"My name is Sayuri Kobayashi. You're now the only one who knows my last name."
I blushed at this. 'The only one?' I looked at her "You're name is lovely. Thank you for sharing it."
Sayuri: "You're welcome."

We sat in silence for awhile, then she stood up and said she would like to help me train, she said she knew she was taking my valuable training time and wouldn't mind sparring.

That was how our first match began.