Chapter 63: A Soft Cry

Rock Lee's POV:

I wanted to pace back and forth to help alleviate my stress, but I sat still and put on a brave face for Sayuri. She was in agony as we waited for Lady Tsunade to come back. Sakura and Shizune tried not to look worried but I knew it was bad. I dreaded that they might have to do surgery on her.

I gently squeezed her hand, while gently encouraging her. Then Lady Tsunade came back and in her hand was a syringe. She quickly came over to Sayuri and before I could ask any questions, she turned Sayuri over on her side and injected the liquid into her spine much to mine and Sakura's horror. Immediately the color returned to her face, she relaxed and her breathing evened out. I breathed a sigh of relief and kissed her forehead gently. 

Tsunade: "She's going to be just fine, now let's see."

Shortly after 

Everything was going well, at least I think it was, but it seemed to take ages for the baby to arrive. Just then as I was holding her hand, I heard a soft cry. I immediately looked to see if I could see the baby but the midwives all had their backs to me while they cleaned the baby. I looked at Sayuri, and her eyes were filled with tears. I wiped them away gently and laughed and cried myself. I was so happy. 

We both spoke at once

Both: "How is our baby? What is it?

Instead of answering, they lay the baby by Sayuri. It was bundled up and its face out of my view. She sat up and holding it close unswaddled it. The baby had thick shiny black hair and was a baby boy. He clearly took after me, I was the most proud I had ever been and my heart was filled with more love than ever.  

Sayuri: "Oh my goodness... He's...."

I was afraid she would be disappointed that it wasn't a girl or upset that it looked more like me. I was wrong. 

Sayuri: "He's so beautiful, Lee just look at him. He's perfect."

Rock Lee: "He is perfect, just like his mother." 

Her beautiful face turned red and lit up with her sweet smile. She handed me the baby and I was afraid to hurt this precious life as I held him close. 

Rock Lee: "What should we call him?"

Sayuri: "I was thinking... Metal, Metal Lee."

Rock Lee: "Metal Lee, it's perfect."

Later

Sayuri's POV: 

We were taken to a normal hospital room and after the baby was dressed and fed, we  could have visitors. The first people to come in of course were Guy sensei and my brother. Guy sensei went on and on about how much like Lee he was and how proud he was of the two of us. Elder brother was quiet and gentle as he held the baby. He didn't have to speak for me to know what he was thinking. Our family had just gotten bigger and he was loving it. Then he spoke and his words took me by surprise.

Kakashi: "It's different, I've taken so many lives with these hands, yet here I am holding a new one." 

Sayuri: "Your'e not.... We're not who we used to be, it will be different now brother. "

As soon as those words escaped my lips, the door burst open and in came all of our friends all excitedly chattering away and ooing and awwing over the baby. From now on, our lives would be much fuller.