Chapter 57: A long awaited Day

Sayuri's POV:

About a week later I was released from the hospital fully healed, I had quite a bit to take home. Ninja from all over sent me gifts and flowers, stating that I had healed them or their friend in the war and they wanted to thank me. I was touched by their kindness but I wanted more than anything to continue our wedding preparations.

As soon as I was released I got to work, I had to go to fittings for my Kimono, order flowers and countless other tasks including preparing Lee's home for my moving in.

All too soon came the day I had been anxiously awaiting. I spent the morning surrounded by the girls who helped me get ready. When they finished I heard them gasp.

"What is it girls?"

Sakura: "Look at yourself."

I saw Hinata tear up, she hadn't gotten married too long ago herself. I walked over to the floor length mirror and I hardly recognized myself. I looked like a princess of lore in a fairytale book and soon I would marry my Prince charming. I couldn't help but blush at the prospect of a happily ever after.

A gentle knock sounded at the door, after ensuring that everyone was dressed and ready I spoke.

"You may come in unless it's Lee, you know no peaking."

The door opened and in came elder brother dressed in his Hokage outfit. He had wanted to dress normally but I insisted that as Hokage he should be seen at public events dressed as such. By his side was my darling dog Hitsugi who had just finished getting groomed.

Kakashi smiled at me.

"You look gorgeous Kiddo, Lee is a lucky man. It's time."

I blushed up at him and linked our arms as he led the way.

The music began and I watched as Lee pushed Guy sensei down the aisle, he would be acting as Lee's father. Lee was more handsome than ever in his black and dark green kimono with lotus flowers all around. Next came the wedding party with all of our friends, then came our flower girl Mirai Sarutobi. She was a precious toddler dropping the petals and thoroughly enjoying being the center of attention. Then came Hitsugi, he was our ring bearer. He walked down the aisle proudly with the rings on his collar.

It was my turn, I looked to older brother with tears in my eyes. Everything would be different from this day forward.

Kakashi: "No tears kiddo, I will always be your brother and I will always love you."

He was going to ruffle my hair, but after realizing it would mess up my hair, he placed a kiss on my forehead.

My music began and all eyes turned. We made our way down the aisle. A gasp and sigh came up from all but I kept my eyes ahead on Lee. He was blushing, and smiling brightly.

The ceremony was beautiful and tears were shed as we gave our vows.

Lee: "Sayuri Hatake, on this day from now until the end of time I vow to love you, to respect and protect you. I promise that from this day forth you will no longer walk alone, and I will spend each day by your side in body or spirit. You are not just my one and only, you are my heart and soul. I can't promise that there won't be rainy days, but I can promise that I will be by your side to jump in the puddles afterwards."

Sayuri: "Rock Lee, I promise that I will love you always. When the skies are grey, when times are tough I will love and support you. I will spend each day showing you just what a splending ninja you are. From this day forward you will not walk alone. I promise to love you, support you and protect you. I promise to love all of your quirks and keep that bright smile on your face. I will laugh with you, cry with you and train with you. Rain or shine I will stay by your side."

All too soon the wedding was over and Sayuri Hatake was no more, I was now Sayuri Lee. I did not return home with brother, I went home with my husband Lee and our dog Hitsugi.