Chapter 35: Truth Cont.

Rock Lee's POV:

I heard a noise from the other room. Kakashi sensei warned me about her strong sense of smell, but I was going on the hope that she would know he went to talk to me and would have my scent on him instead of her thinking it was me. Perhaps my plan failed and she sniffed me out and was trying to get away from me.

I remained silent and didn't move a muscle hoping she would think I left. I even went through the motions of shutting her door and pretending to shut the house door like I was leaving. It seemed to work, the sound stopped and I heard the door open. I wasn't prepared for what came next though.

Apparently the room I heard the noise from was the bathroom and apparently she had been taking a shower. She walked out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around her and my whole face burned with blush. She immediately saw me and pinned me to the wall, she was blushing too and stuttering.

"Ggreat, it's not enough for you, you to to break my heart! You had to peep on me as well!"

I stuttered to answer, she let me go to make it easier for me to speak and I explained everything as fast as I could.

She was silent and lowered her head. I apologized repeatedly knowing deep down she would never forgive me and fearing it was the end.

Then she smiled and started laughing. "That's it? All of this and it was just a misunderstanding? You went to such lengths to explain it to me? You must be crazy about me."

My heart dropped, she must not feel the same way. Then she blushed more than ever and said "Then again I'm crazy about you too."

I couldn't hold back the tears and I pulled her into a tight hug. That was when the towel fell... I didn't realize until I lowered my hands to pull her closer and um ahem it became obvious to us both.

I looked away as she put back on the towel, I was barely able to keep myself from getting a nose bleed. I walked out of the room as she dressed and came back when she was ready.

We decided to go get some curry since she had never had it before and we held hands the whole way. I guess it was kind of like our first date.

Turns out she loves curry as much as I do, the spicier the better. We had to part ways too soon as I had a mission tomorrow morning and she had a shift at the hospital, but I promised her another date as soon as I got back. We sealed the promise with a kiss and parted ways

I went home and slept peacefully, dreaming about defeating Neji and Naruto and of course training with her.

I had no idea of the devastation to come.