Chapter 24: The Solemn promise

Kakashi's POV:

I ran as fast as my legs would carry me to the Hokage's office. Lady Tsunade was awakened and attended by Shizune. I told them what I had discovered and after all was told there was silence.

Lady Tsunade: "If what you say is true, then you are correct that her life is in danger. Gather your choice of Anbu and Jounin and take them to her residence. Protect her until we can have a safe house prepared. In the meantime I will use my connections to find out the validity of this claim. I believe it to be true however."

At this I left immediately, I had the perfect people for the job in mind.

The first was Guy, he was up in a flash and rearing to go. Typical Guy. My next stop was Tenzo's home, he was less thrilled to be woken up in the middle of the night.

Tenzo: "Huh, what!? Did Naruto unleash Nine Tails!?"

He scanned the sky line looking for the beast, and finding there was none, went back to yawining. I told him the situation, needless to say he was as shocked as Guy. With less tears however...none actually.

We then made our way to Sayuri's home, but soon realized we were too late. Her windows were broken and there were signs of a fight. A good fight at that. Her anbu mask lay broken on the floor.

We knew who took her and we knew where they were headed. We just needed the orders to go, so we headed back to the Hokage's office. She gave us the order and off we went.

Normally we would let a person's respective land handle situations like this as it is out of our villages power. This time was different though, Sayuri had become a ninja in Konoha, she had become one of us.

I made the promise long ago that I would never let my students or comrades die. I will not let Sayuri die.

About that time we ran across Lee who was walking through the village. He began to follow us and we revealed all we knew. He grew quiet and eventually vowed to bring her back to the village no matter what.

I can only imagine the thoughts going through his mind. Everyone in the village knew that Sayuri was his best friend, and training partner. In so many ways they are alike, and yet in so many ways she is like me. She is my student and our bond is precious to me.

Guy: "You're right Lee! We will bring her back, isn't that right Kakashi?"

Kakashi: "I won't lose my comrades, never again. She will come back with us one way or another."

I said to myself, 'Even if it means doing that. She will return to the village. Forgive me Guy if it must come to it, I will do what I have to.'