Chapter 1~bug spotting

Whilst showing Gamzee around my school, a curtain boy seemed to pop up in every room. He was obviously obsessed with bees as his backpack and t-shirt suggested it. because of my focus on Gamzee, the boy never really bothered me. He carried on with his work and I did the same, occasionally glancing in his direction. His hair was like a dandelion puff, covering his eyes so no proper eye contact could be made.

The boy was usually spotted with another girl, a few boys and was always bothered by Cronus. I soon wondered if there was a bit if bullying going on. The boy and I both had art and English together. He hardly put his hand up or spoke in class but whenever he did, I noticed a slight lisp in his voice. He seemed to be daydreaming most of the time and didn't take any notice of his surroundings.

He would often pass Gamzee and I as we walked to school, riding a skate board. His helmet was very impressive, just like his boarding skills. I would often watch him do stunts in the park whenever Kanaya and went to draw. I would sometimes draw him but then rub the sketches out.

I was strolling through the park once, with Tavros, Kanaya and Karkat. We passed the skate ramps but I stopped to see if he was there and as usual, he was. Karkat became impatient and told me to stop staring at the Captor boy. Captor, as in Sollux Captor. Was he Sollux's brother? I asked Karkat and was immediately answered with a gruff 'yeah'. Right. My curiosity widened as I stared at the strange boy on the ramps.

I was finally dragged away by Tavros but when we went to the coffee shop, I bombarded my friends with questions. Most of them went unanswered but I found out his name was Mituna, he was indeed Sollux's brother and that he was kind of a loner. Well, I wanted to fix that. We ordered our coffees and sat back to people watch. More and more people we knew walked in until a single bumblebee walked through the café doors. He was accompanied by a girl I didn't know and Cronus who abandoned him to sit with us. As I learnt more of him, it turned out bad things had happened to Mituna.

He had been in car accident that had hit him right in the head and caused brain damage. He recovered and soon learnt how to work things again but whenever things got too stressful for him, he would throw a fit and frustrate himself further. It was sad to know but I knew that I would have to introduce myself sooner or later. I said that I was going to the restrooms but went in Mituna's direction, faffing with my hair as I went.

Once at his table I smiled and said hello to the girl he was with. He turned his head and looked at me through his hair. I introduced myself and told him I was in his art and English. He thought for a moment until answering in agreement. He had a definite lisp but it was suited to him, I ignored it. He held out his hand and shook mine. The girl with him also told me her name and held out her hand. Latula. I offered for them to sit with my friends and I, but they said different answers, Mituna with yes and Latula with a polite no.

Mituna happily stood up and followed me to my table whilst dragging Latula. Once at my table small, hellos were said to one another but Mituna and Karkat already knew each other. Over the few cups of coffee and muffins we had, I couldn't stop looking at the boy. He was just so interesting. His whole attitude was a lot different than anyone elts' and the light chat he made was really sweet. He then smiled and revealed the cause if his lisp. His teeth were heavily braced and rather sharp looking. The small plastic rectangles in his intertwining mass were coloured yellow and black, the same as his jumper and backpack. All this continued until Tavros stole my muffin, which led to serious glares.

Karkat kept most of the convocation with the occasional chip in by Kanaya. Tavros was too busy texting Gamzee to care and I was too fazed by the boy to notice what was being said. Because of the hot summer afternoon, a small fan was whirling in the corner. The small breezes hit my shoulders directly, causing me to shudder. Latula gave me a strange look and whispered something to Mituna who replied in his usual loud lisp and bid me a goodbye, ignoring the rest of the table.

I watched the boy say his thanks to the barista and walked out, turning back to say something to Latula. He walked down the street and threw down his skateboard to roll down the hilled road. I sighed and turned back to my table just as another waitress came by. We all agreed that this would be our last drink before leaving and I ordered a hot chocolate with a shot of espresso. Kanaya went on to talk about some of the school projects going on at the moment so I offered to help her.

We finished up and payed with our loyalty cards before leaving the shop and parting ways. I was staying at kanaya's that night to I hugged Tavros and said goodbye to Karkat then running to catch up with Kanaya. The ride to kanaya's was rather quiet compared to previous trips in her car. The look on her face was a small smirk and it annoyed me greatly that she knew something I didn't. I waited until we were at her house to continue with her interrogation.