Chapter 5~ spread

After the barbecue was over, I bid adieu to the captors after finally meeting Mituna's father, psiionic, (weird name I know) and learning about what the captors do, which is computer stuff. It was an enjoyable evening and on the way home, we dropped Ashton off at Alice's house. Once home, Dad started a conversation with our neighbour, Kenneth, about lawn mowers.

Me and Shay just followed Mum inside where the decent up the stairs was the most gruelling struggle ever. I slipped of my clothes and put on my pikachu onesie. I went to the game room and played Zelda until 10:00 and if it weren't for Shay, I'd have fallen asleep in my beanbag. At times I would say that he was the most disgusting lil' shit invented but at others, he can be the sweetest motherfucker ever.

He sat on my bed and interagated me about the captors untill I was falling asleep. I kissed him too piss him off and he left. He didn't close the door.

The bee boy started to invade my head. I couldn't sleep, so I put my head phones on and played my iPod on shuffle. The first song that came on was MANiCURE by lady gaga and I could kinda relate to it. The shy little be boy needed to feel wanted and I know he has Latula but they haven't exactly been seeing eye to eye lately. I have no idea why but I didn't question it. it was about 12 when I felt a buzz beside me.

I was so ready to slap a fish when I saw that it was Mituna that had texted me. He asked if I was doing anything after school tomorrow to which I explained that I had dance class and it was till late. He acknowledged that fact and asked where it was. I replied with that it was in the edge of the high street. He thanked me and said good night. I did too and fell asleep almost instantly.

*next morning*

I was late getting ready as Shay, the little shit, had moved my stuff so my usual method of changing was out of sync. He just sat on the couch with a large red hand print on the back of his head. I was finally ready and headed towards dad's car. I sat in the front until I spotted the pack of bikes following us. I cursed and slid down my chair and hid my face.

Shay asked if I was alright to which I gestured to the guys behind us he nodded and asked Dad if he could stop at the corner shop because he had forgotten his lunch. Dad sighed and pulled over.

We waited a few minutes before he ran out with a bottle of coke and a sandwich. I mouthed a thank you to him. We set off again and pulled into school a little later than usual but not too late. Kanaya and Karkat were waiting for me until the sound of bikes broke the smiles and I ran, waving to my dad at the same time.

I gave Kanaya a hug before linking arms with Karkat, who growled at me but didn't complain. Kanaya explained what had happened last night at the peas mate (a local youth club). Kanaya only went because it had a good room for her textiles work. It also had an old fashioned hem liner which she loved to use. Apparently the group of greasers, minus Cronus, had gone in and started making bets on which girl would go for Cronus. That was until one of them had shouted out that Cronus was out to get me.

I was slightly worried but wasn't surprised. He had just asked me out but had insulted Mituna in the process. He failed. Speaking of Mituna we passed him and his brother on the way to break room 7. I smiled and he waved back, being the adorable bee he was. I blushed and smiled to myself as we carried on walking. Little did I know that my blush had spread across my ears and neck. Kanaya and Karkat had exchanged looks and cooed a long 'ooo' in unison.

I do admit that the little bee was growing on me but I knew he didn't like like me.