chapter 2 ~ bug catching

A thought of the boy stayed I my head for the next couple of days before he spoke to me again. I was walking down the corridor, towards my locker when a scene played out in front of me. Mituna was being pushed further and further into the block of lockers by Cronus and his group of greaser friends. It seems they were taunting him, causing Mituna to get stressed and go into a fit. I pushed Cronus to one side, gaining a flustered huff, and grabbed Mituna's hand. I looked back to Cronus and beckoned for him to go away. The boy with me grabbed and clawed at his head, reputedly calling himself stupid. I took his hands and asked him to calm down, then moving some of his wild dandelion puff of hair out of his eyes. I asked what happened but only a mumble came from the boys mouth. He then looked up and jumped with realisation. He called me the Coffee girl. It was too cute, I internally squealed to the thought of the cutesy pet name.

He calmed down, then telling me about what Cronus had said, turns out this boy was nineteen, being held back a couple of years. Cronus had obviously taken this to the wrong level in teasing Mituna for it. I asked the boy what he wanted to do, in which he answered, playing fields.
I agreed and escorted him out of the building towards the vast stretch if green that was our school fields. No one was playing football or rugby today so it was fairly calm. Small breezes passed through the grass and the odd insect flew throughout the daisies that grew rather out of place. Mituna picked a place under a tree
and we both sat to watch the world go by.

We both exchanged numbers before the bell went, in standing up, he grabbed my arm and stopped me. He mumbled a small thank you before heading towards his class. The rushed sweetness of the boy was rather refreshing compared to the nervous tension everyone elts had. I smiled and walked to class, bumping into Gamzee on the way. He asked why I was smiling so much but I couldn't answer him. The boy I had spent my break with didn't want to leave my head. That was until his friend Latula stormed up to me and started to tell me to leave Mituna's problems with her and not to stick my nose into anything more. I stared blankly at her before explaining the story to her. She still wasn't impressed. The second bell went and I slowly gathered my things and went to class late.