Chapter Seven

Quick A/N: Assume it's always Mackenzie's point of view unless I say otherwise! As always, happy reading loves!

In this moment, I'm not scared anymore. I'm not that girl at school. I'm Mackenzie. I'm his. Finally.

•One week later•

"How are you and Johnny?" Maddie asks, grabbing a grape from the bowl. It's been a week and Mom and Maddie (and pretty much all my friends) are always asking about us.

"Good?" I answer. Maddie eyes me. "Same answer as last time. You ask so often," I add.

"I just care," Maddie starts to explain, "you're my baby sister." I smile at her and she smiles back.

"You and Jack?" I wonder, getting excited all over again. They got engaged and I can't wait for the wedding.

"Better than ever. The wedding planning is so amazing," she replies, giving in to my excitement. We both smile brightly and then start laughing.

"I'm gonna miss you when you're married and have your own life," I whine. Maddie gives me sad eyes.

"Wait, when I have my own life?" she catches on and scoffs. I shrug, popping a grape into my mouth,

"You haven't had much of one lately." Maddie acts hurt and then we laugh again. Our relationship has always been full of laughing.

We hear a knock on the door. I look at Maddie and then get off the bar stool and walk to the front door. I open it to see Lauren.

"Hey hey!" I step aside so Lauren can come in.

"Hola!" Lauren greets me back. We walk into the kitchen and I sit back down in the spot I was in before and Lauren sits on the other side next to Maddie.

"Grapes?" I ask. Lauren nods and I pass the bowl to her.

"How are you and Johnny?" Lauren asks. I roll my eyes and sneak a look a my sister.

Maddie laughs to herself and then manages to tell Lauren that we're "good and stop asking." Lauren shrinks back and puts her hands up.

"Sorry," she mutters. I smile at her and wave it away.

We sit in silence because that's all we have to do.

•••

Johnny and Lauren are over for movie night. We usually do it on either a Friday or a Saturday night. I should probably make more friends than just two, but that can wait. Netflix can't.

"What do we watch first?" Lauren asks, holding up movies.

"Don't forget, we have Vudu and Netflix and Hulu and Amazon," I remind them.

Johnny is laying on the couch, staying silent. I look at him.

"You choose," I pin it on him and climb over to him. I lay down, resting my head on his chest.

"Do I have to?" Johnny pouts. I look up at him through my long eyelashes.

"Yes!" Lauren and I answer at the same time.

"Fine," Johnny grunts unhappily. I smile and him and hand him the movies and remote. He chose a movie I've never heard of, but it turned out to be really good.

3 movies later, Lauren and Johnny are both asleep on the couches in my basement. I crawled off the couch and away from Johnny's peaceful body.

I tiptoe across the living room and to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water. I pull out my phone and scroll through Instagram and Twitter. Afterwards, I crept upstairs and crawled into my big, comfy bed and drifted off to a sound sleep.

Johnny is shaking me awake. I open my eyes to see Johnny and I notice sunlight pouring into my room.

"Morning sunshine," Johnny whispers, tucking my hair behind my ear and laying down next to me.

"Good morning," I yawn. Lauren walks into the room.

"Morning," she says calmly. She comes over and lays on the bed next to me. Johnny and I scoot over so she's not on the very edge. And we just lay there for a while.

"Lauren, get up!" I whine, resorting to pushing on her chest. She groans and flips over onto her stomach.

"Get. Up!" I growl. Lauren throws a pillow at me, and I duck.

"Fine," I give in, jumping on the bed a few times and then hopping off and onto the floor. Lauren turns away from me and I roll my eyes as I leave the room. I run down the hall and down the stairs.

Johnny's waiting for me on the couch in the living room.

"She won't get up," I complain, throwing myself down on the smaller couch. He stands up.

"Tell her we're going on a road trip," he tells me calmly.

"What? But we're not!" I argue. He smirks.

"What if we do?"

A/N: The bold three words in the beginning of some sentences is because sometimes I add three dots ••• to signify a time change but I had just done dots so that's what it means🙃it means later time