Daniel

"God, that party was killer!" Hannah announced as I picked her up for school on Monday.

I handed her the chocolate glazed donut and vanilla iced coffee that I got for her almost every morning when I drove her to school.

"Was that the party that went on until almost 4 in the morning? Because I definitely heard that one." I said.

She took a big bite of her donut and chewed nosily, almost making me cringe due to her bad manners and eating habits.

"Yeah! Can you believe that Zach kid lives next door to you?" She exclaimed.

I had gotten a text from her Saturday morning around 6am saying: OMG the party is right next door to you!

"Yeah, I can't believe it either." I said, yawning.

I was so tired, due to the fact that there was a giant party going on all night and I barely got any sleep.

"Did you see the kid? Zach, I mean?" I asked, suddenly curious.

Hannah nodded, her eyes wide.

"Hell yeah, I saw him! Damn, he was hot!" She said.

"Total douche though. He definitely wasn't your style." She continued, making me laugh.

"I only talked to him for a couple minutes, but all he talked about was how many girls he was attracting and how big his new house is. How cocky is that?" She asked me.

"Super cocky." I replied, pulling into the senior parking lot of our school.

"And now he's your new next door neighbor? How lucky is that?" She asked as she reapplied her sparkly pink lip gloss.

I parked in a spot and turned off the engine.

"So lucky." I said quietly as Hannah and I got out of the car and headed into school.

                           *

The school day passed by fairly quickly, and I was heading out of AP English last period to my locker, when I collided with someone on my way out, hard.

"Shit!" I heard a guy's voice say as both of our books fell to the ground.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I said, quickly getting down to the ground to collect the guy's belongings and mine. As I bent down, I bumped heads with the guy, making me wince in pain.

We both looked up at the same time, and suddenly I was staring into the brown eyes of an unfamiliar boy.

He had light, styled brown hair and olive skin, with a dotting of freckles across his cheeks

He had light, styled brown hair and olive skin, with a dotting of freckles across his cheeks. He was wearing the typical Roseville Prep uniform, and he had a backpack, his school books now on the floor.

He looked new to our school, I wondered if it was Zach from next door.

He laughed now, and the sound of it was so funny that it made me giggle too.