Interruptions

HI OMG I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH THANK YOU ALL FOR PATIENTLY WAITING FOR ME TO UPDATE THIS STORY AND IF YOURE STILL HERE YOURE A TRUE MVP ILY ALL AND ENJOY! :) 

"Daniel, come on! If you want to get an A on this test, you have to stay focused." I said to my friend, who was pretending to be asleep.

He snored, but I knew from the smile on his face that it wasn't real.

"Daniel!" I laughed, inching closer to him. We were sitting on his bed, trying to study for the chemistry test we had on Monday. It took a lot to get me to come over to his house for once, but I ended up going because he told me Zach wasn't going to be home.

I poked him in the cheek now, and when that didn't do anything, I reached for under his armpits, tickling him. He sprung up, his eyes wide open and his laughter sounding the entire bedroom.

I continued to tickle him while he attempted to tickle my feet, knocking over most of the index cards we were using to study, and we both laughed until our sides hurt.

Just then, Daniel's door opened. We stopped what we were doing and looked to see who it was.

It was Zach.

He examined us closely, leaning against the doorframe and crossing his muscular arms.

"Well, if this is some sort of new sex position, then please teach me your ways." He said, the smirk that made him look even better now appearing on his face.

Daniel and I quickly let go of each other and resumed our positions on opposite sides of the bed.

"We weren't-" I began, but immediately stopped when I made eye contact with Zach. His brown eyes bored into my own, and I quickly brushed imaginary lint off of my blouse, my cheeks burning.

"What are you doing, Zach?" Daniel asked.

He shrugged.

"I got back from my business meeting early." He replied.

Daniel nodded.

"Well, me and Carly were in the middle of studying, so could you maybe just-"

"Didn't seem like it." Zach interrupted, taking another step further into Daniel's room.

He looked at me again.

"So when are we hanging out, gorgeous?" He asked me, the smirk even bigger now.

I felt my heart speed up, and my palms began to sweat. How was I supposed to answer that?

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

"She doesn't wanna hang out with you. Ever." Daniel answered for me, and I sighed, glad he saw the signs of my anxiety.

"I wasn't asking you, Daniel. I was asking her." He said, pointing at me.

"So when will it be, Carls?" He asked again.

"I-I don't know." I stammered.

Zach sighed.

"Well, I'll choose a date then. I'll be at your house Monday after school. Say, 2:30?"

I glanced at Daniel, and he rolled his eyes.

"I probably have to study." I began, but Zach laughed, cutting me off.

"Are you hearing this, Daniel? She's gotta study for something." Zach said in a mocking tone, making my face burn even more.

"She's one of the smartest girls in our grade. Studying every day is what makes her so smart." Daniel replied smoothly, causing me to look over and grin slightly at him.