The Second Attempt

Another week has passed, which means it's been another week of Zach's wild parties, all with no success of being toned down.

I had been barely sleeping for the past week, all because I was too scared to go back to Zach's house and order him to turn his music down. Daniel also told me to stay away from him, which I would gladly do.

My mother had allowed Hannah to sleep over at my house on that Friday night, because she would be out of town until Sunday for a fashion show and my father would be working late all weekend.

"So, have you talked to Daniel's sexy stepbrother lately?" Hannah asked me now, applying some more navy blue nail polish to my toes.

I shook my head as I blew on my freshly manicured nails to dry them.

"Daniel told me to stay away, so that's what I'm doing. And plus, he's super intimidating. I can't even go near him without my face getting all red and tripping over my sentences." I answered.

"Maybe that's because he's so hot." Hannah said, waggling her eyebrows.

I felt myself flush, and I turned away.

"I mean, I guess he's kind of cute-but that's not the point!" I added quickly.

Hannah shrugged as she put the cap back on the nail polish.

"Whatever you say, sister."

*
After an hour or so later, we had devoured most of the pizza we ordered (half veggie and half meat lover), watched reruns of Friends, and did some online shopping.

The music next door was nowhere to be found...

Not until we got into bed, of course.

I fell asleep and woke up to immediately feel the booming bass beneath me. I sighed, rolling over onto my side and attempting to ignore the noise.

But, as usual, it was impossible.

I threw the covers off of me and turned the lamp on.

"Carly, what are you doing?" Hannah asked, sitting up in bed and squinting against the light.

"I'm gonna try and talk to Zach again." I said.

I hurried to my closet and threw on a sweatshirt and flip flops, not even bothering to get changed.

"I know I said I was going to stay away from him, but when he continues to do this, I can't! It's bad enough he lives next door, and he throws parties every single night with the music as loud as ever! How do the other neighbors not complain about this?" I asked. "It's almost 1:30 in the morning, it's seriously ridiculous!"

"Are you sure you going over there is a good idea?" asked Hannah.

"Yes! Maybe the second time will be the charm." I said, starting to walk out of my room.

I turned to look at Hannah, who was still sitting in my bed, staring at me.

"Are you coming?"

                             *

Minutes later, we arrived at Zach's house.

I stood in front of it just like I did the last time, taking a deep breath before entering.

"Do you just want me to tell him to turn his music down?" Hannah asked.