The Drive

The following week at school flew by pretty quickly, considering I got all of my homework done on time. My parents were only home 2 nights this week, apparently it was a super busy couple of weeks at both their jobs. I managed to find the time to grab dinner with Daniel, and a morning. coffee with Hannah. This school year was ending up to be pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Zach, however, continued to try and talk to me. He stopped me on my evening runs to make small talk, which I actually didn't mind so much. He even forced me to put his number into my phone, and he texts me frequently. I tried not to talk to him as often as I may have liked to, but it was hard sometimes. I didn't really know his intent, and I also didn't know if it was bad or good.

He popped into my head 8 times out of 10, and as hard as I tried to get him out, I couldn't.

I was even thinking about him right now, as I walked through the glass double doors of Roseville Prep and towards the senior parking lot. My car was in the shop for an oil change, so Daniel gave me and Hannah a ride to school this morning. Just as I was about to pull out my phone to text him, I spotted a familiar black Porsche, pulled up right at the front of the school, in a No Parking space nonetheless.

And then I saw Zach standing in front of the side of his car facing the school...and me. My heart immediately began to race, and I had no choice but to walk over to him.

"Hey, gorgeous." He smirked.

"H-hi. What are you doing here?" I asked him, approaching his car.

"I'm driving you home. Come on, hop in." He gestured towards the passenger side, and I reluctantly opened the door and got inside.

Zach followed suit as I buckled my seatbelt.

He started the car and the engine purred, coming to life. He pulled away from the curb and started down the street, then turned right into the road before us.

I didn't really know why he came to school to drive me home, but I mean, it was nice of him.

I pulled out my phone to text Daniel, quickly making up a lie that I ended up having to stay after school for Student Council, so I wouldn't need a ride home.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, and I studied the sleek black leather interior of his car. It was nice, I'll admit. Even though it was a sports car.

"I like your car." I said suddenly, breaking the silence.

Zach glanced over at me, looking at me through his sunglasses. He had on a light looking blue long sleeved shirt, sleeves rolled up halfway. His jawline protruded from the side, so sharp it could cut meat.

God, he was hot.

"Oh yeah?" He asked, smirking.

I nodded, quickly turning towards my window.

I felt myself blushing and I sighed quietly. I was thinking out loud again, something I probably shouldn't be doing in front of Zach.

We didn't talk to each other after that, and soon enough, we pulled into our neighborhood.

He pulled into my driveway and put his car in park, turning to me.

"Thanks for the ride, Zach." I said. I opened the door and slung my backpack over my shoulder.

"Sure." He answered, giving me a toothy grin.

Before he could say anything else, I closed the door on his stare and headed inside.

                                ******

Something was being thrown at my window. The sound jolted me out of my sleep. My eyes shot open, and I quickly turned on the lamp next to my bed. I glanced at the alarm clock on my nightstand. It was 3am. I sat up, listening closer to the noise. It sounded like...rocks, or something.