A Pie And A Pack

~~~Blakes P.O.V~~~~~~

One hand wrapped around Leah's waist and the other was pressed on the glass that separated our drooling pie holes from the pie that goes in said hole. Leah pointed out a pecan pie to tell me that it's her favorite. The one besides it was a chocolate pie with whipped cream and chocolate flakes. Someone could say I'm a chocolate addict and they wouldn't be wrong.

'Chocolate for you and pecan for myself please!' Leah demanded oh so harshly in my head. I smiled.

'Sounds perfect to me,' I told her kissing her cheek then moving to the counter to order. A female approached that seemed to be in her late twenties and I could feel Leah go stiff in my arms. 'Baby?' I asked through our connection.

'Yeah, I'm sorry... I know her that's all.' She explained softly back. I pulled her into an embrace not caring of the wandering eyes. My mate needs me and my first priority is always her. 'Thank you,' Leah said as her body relaxed once again. Now I turned back to the girl at the counter who looked like she was wearing a happy mask with bored eyes. Creepy...

"I'd like a pecan and a chocolate please," I told her. Unlike my wonderful mate I'm fairly confident and have no problem ordering for Leah. Especially in this situation. I understand things in her past have made socialization hard. I know she can order for herself, but I won't put her through the struggle to prove it to me here. She has to suffered through alot of stuff; ordering pies shouldn't be on that list to fight.

"Okay," the girl said tapping some buttons into the cash register. She smiled kindly at me and I returned the jesture. Leah remained somewhat hidden and seemingly distracted by her shoes. I rubbed her back in reassurance. She looked up at me with a smile.

"Hey? Do I know you?" The woman asked looking intently to Leah.

"Uh.." Leah said not able to find her words, I could hear her trying to decide whether to admit or deny.

'You don't have to say anything if you don't want to,' I told her. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"Yeah... I was part of this pack awhile ago," Leah said looking forward at her. The lady tilted her head to the side trying to figure out who she was.

"Holy shit... you're Loser Leah!" The girl exclaimed with a snap of her fingers. Leah cringed in my arms. She laughed and I growled. That shut her up quick.

"How about you just get us those pies," I demanded darkly. I could feel Jefferson scratching at the door of my mind; begging for me to let him tear out her tongue for that. The rude cashier turned quickly and boxed the pies. I took out my wallet and slammed the money on the counter.

"I'm sorry Lea-" I growled again cutting her off.

"Don't talk to her! Learn how to not be an asshole to your customers," I snarled. Since being with Leah I've had a more positive vibe about me but the disrespect and embarrassment to my mate was to much. I wanted to make a new happy memory here, not bring back a dark one. I grabbed the pies in one hand, Leah's hand in the other, and stormed out.

We got into the car quickly. I took the driver seat and Leah sat silently in the car with the pies on her lap. After a moment she reached over and turned my face to hers and kissed me passionately. My nerves and rage all at once disappeared. "Thank you for defending me Blake." That's all she said and that's all that needed to be said. We buckled up, laced our fingers together, and made our way back to our home.

~~~Leah's P.O.V~~~~~~

I had never seen Blake so mad before, it scared me a little but also excited me a lot. I couldn't stop smiling at him as we drove carefully on the damp road. He ment so much to me and obviously I ment a lot to him. Blake's hand wrapped perfectly around mine and I couldn't help but look in awe. Every smile, glance, and chuckle calmed my doubts. The doubts appeared often, everytime I spoke or did something my mind flooded with thoughts that I had somehow messed something up. I was drowning myself; but Blake seems to be able to drain my self hate away. He lets me breath instead of suffocate.