New Found Hope

~~~Leah's P.O.V~~~~~

"Thanks to Mr. and Mrs.Davis's will, we were able to discover they wanted their remains to be cremated. If you want them you can preform your own cermony with any other friends of theirs. They had no family listed and we haven't be able to find them-"

"Lance's parents died eight years ago in a car accident and he had no siblings. Kelly has a sister she hasn't talk to in several years. Her father died four years ago and her mom died in childbirth," I explained. "I'll try to get ahold of Amanda..." I said my thoughts drifting.

'Her mom died like Kelly did,' my heart cried to Ivy. Ivy cried out also. The pain of losing the both of them was almost to much for my heart to bare.

"Well that's good that you can get ahold of her," Sam said with a kind smile and empathy in her eyes. "The estate, that is in the Greenhights pack, is being cleaned from all the-" Sam stopped reading her papers, "The pack is cleaning it for you, free of charge and they are restoring any damage." I nodded and quickly wiped away a tear.

"Could we read the letter?" Blake asked, I turned to him, "Sorry, only if you want Leah..." He said quickly after. I could tell he was curious but I don't know if I really want to read about them saying what happens when they die. They did die, they are gone, and this letter just makes everything permanent.

I know it might be stupid but I almost wanted to believe none of this happened. That maybe Kelly was just at the hospital with the boys and Lance was out getting four different kinds of muffins for Kelly. Now with all this legality talk, I can't pretend anymore. But on another side of things, I want to know what they want from their own words. I want to know their last testiments. Maybe they have how they want the boys raised or if they want them to wear hats everyday or whatever! I want to know but I don't want to accept that they are truly gone.

"Of course you can. If you want," Sam said. She slid the letter out of the folder and infront of me. The piece of paper in front of me felt like a bomb and any sudden movements would set it off even though it was just a thin piece of bleached wood with ink carefully draped over it. That's all it was right? Just ink on a paper, so why was I feeling like I was twisting the handle to a jack in the box That was going to go 'kaboom' at any moment. The tune got faster in my head as I reached for the paper, I took into my palms with a nervous breath, and pop goes the weasel.

'Dear whom ever it should apply to,

If there was ever a situation in which myself, Kelly Ashlynn Davis, or my husband, Lance Kenneth Davis, die we leave everything with Leah Jayson Tate of the BlueMoon pack. Leah will be next in line to take care of our children if the need be. Please see the G.H. union bank, Worthington Life insurance company, and our lawyers, Donna Kaster and Casey Lewis to confirm any questions as we have already laid everything out that matters between each company if something were to happen.' The page read. It was just a death declaration, I am honored to hear they specifically said I am next to the children. It feels good that they trusted me with so much, I just wish it didn't have to end this way.

"There's a back," Sam said and flipped the paper around. I probably looked dumb because I didnt think about it having a back.

'Dear Leah,

Unfourtently if you are reading this we have passed on. We gave you the biggest piece of us and every little piece along with it, so please don't be to sad that we are gone Babygirl. You must be wondering why you were trusted with all of this right? But the answer is simple- we love you. You are the child we always wanted, even if you came to us as a teenager. When you crashed into our lives it only got better from then on. Sure it was worrisom with such an outstanding kiddo like you, but we have loved you so incredibly much over these years and have trusted you twice that. If we are to die, raise any children we have with the same love we have given you. Raise them with the hope and strength you have in yourself. Show them the world and then some. Let them get messy, play soccer in the front yard, and let them dance until their little hearts give out. Get them the biggest christmas tree, take them for night hunting and evening runs in the woods, and take them egg hunting at Easter. Give them the childhood you missed out on. Keep each other safe but most importantly make each other happy.