~1~

(The day of the outbreak)

I woke up in bed sweating like crazy. 'I must have had another nightmare' I thought as I rolled over to check what time it was. 4:51 A.M. I sighed in irritation and sat up in bed, my head throbbing in pain. 'What happened last night...?' I looked around my dark room waiting for my eyes to adjust. Empty Smirnoff bottles everywhere. 'Oh Right.'

I squinted my eyes and tried to remember my nightmare. I don't know why but I felt as if I needed to remember it, like it was important.

I was in total darkness, I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. I tried to holler out, but I couldn't hear my own voice. I saw a white dot appear far away, and I started running towards it. Everything turned light and I could see, I was in my apartment but everything was torn up and broken. I heard screams from outside as well as gun shots. I opened my mouth to say something but all that came out was a low growl.

I slowly looked down at my hands, soon to realize I wasn't me. They were bigger than normal and I had claws, they were strangely purple and almost furry but scaly at the same time. I started to panic and quickly ran to the bathroom to look in the mirror, what I saw terrified me.

I had long purple ears, kinda like a cat but drooping to the side, they were furry also. I had big light purple horns and there was a light hint of purple smoke coming from my eyes. I saw movement behind me and saw a scaly tail with spikes, almost like a dinosaurs tail. Then everything blacked out.

I rubbed my head and slid off my bed. 'That was a strange dream.. Nothing like the ones I've had in the past.' I walked into the kitchen and looked in the fridge. Empty except for a few empty and broken Smirnoff bottles.

I grabbed a glass and got myself a cup of water, I stepped over trash to get to my uncomfortable couch and slumped down on it. I stared at the water for a minute, it had tiny purple flakes in it.. Strange. "Must be the hangover." I said out loud. Even if they were in it, my mouth and throat was so dry I would drink it anyway.

I quickly gulped it down and whipped my mouth off with my hoodie sleeve. I always slept in my hoodie and sweat pants, the only thing I change is my pants. At night it's sweat pants, in the day its black skinny jeans. I have a few pairs of blue hoodies, as well as a few grey and black T- shirts. I got up and looked at the clock on my wall, 5:15... I sighed loudly and walked to the door, grabbed my keys and walked out.

I locked my door behind me and made my way downstairs, I didn't know where I was going to go, I just kinda leave and let my legs take me where they want to go. I took a final glace at the building and made my way down the street. Everything was still dark, I was used to it though because I would always wake up before the sun. Mostly because of nightmares.

I rarely had any good dreams. For the past year I've been repeating the same nightmares over and over. One about the time I had to shoot Tord down from his giant robot. It was much worse than that though. I was in Tord's shoes. I saw everything he saw, and did everything he did. Not because I wanted to, but because of instinct. I wonder if I could change it? Maybe I didn't have to do what Tord did.

My other dream was one where Tord came back, but he had a whole army. There was an evil look in his eyes and he tied me up and made me watch him kill Matt and Edd. He made me watch him torture them too. I would always wake up after they died, I don't know what he would have done to me.

My thoughts were interrupted by a scream and a loud roar. Right in front of me was a women and a fish like monster with torn clothes around it's fin. I sat there and watched as it grabbed the women and ripped off her head. I was frozen.

It slowly looked at me, its red glowing eyes burning into my skin. I finally snapped out of my trance and made a run for it, I was only a few blocks away from the apartments. I ran as fast as I could and made it there within a few moments. I ran up the stairs, already out of breath and made it to Edd's apartment door. Locked.

I growled in frustration, the growl being like the one I made in my dream but I didn't care. I kicked down his door, surprised at my sudden burst of energy.

"Edd!" I practically screamed, outside I could hear police sirens. Edd came waddling out of his room, rubbing his eyes. "Tom?" He said tiredly. "Its early what are you doing here?"

I explained everything that I saw, but I didn't tell him about my dream. He looked terrified. "Tom, go get Matt, I'll start getting ready for whatever is about to come." I knew that look in his eyes, there's no turning back now.

I ran to Matt's apartment that's right next door, he didn't lock it so I didn't bother kicking it down. "Matt get up! Go to Edd's apartment right away and don't ask questions!" I ran out as quick as I came in. I walked into Edd's apartment and felt a sharp pain in my head, I collapsed on the ground and looked at my hands.

They were like the ones in my dream, I looked up and saw Edd and Matt staring at me, horror in their eyes. What's happening...? I desperately looked for an answer in my mind, but everything went blank. I opened my mouth to say something, but all that came out was an ear piercing roar.

There's another part! That took awhile but its worth it for you guys! I'll see you tomorrow with the next chapter! 1057 words!!