Chapter Eight

She hates that disgusting, unworthy pirate. She wants to hate Emma. She pleads with herself to hate the woman who has all the capability to break her, but she can't. She wants to call the woman and tell her that their illicit affair is finally over, and she wants nothing to do with her ever again, unless it regards their son, but she can't.

She's not even mad at her. Not even a little bit.

How could she be when she has done far worse to rub Robin in Emma's face?

~~~~~~

The realization dumped over her like a bucket of ice in the middle of a snow storm. Her magic could not heal Robin from the wound bleeding out of his side and he was going to die on that table because nobody else around her had magic.

Except...

"But maybe yours can," her wobbly voice pleaded with Emma as her blurry vision crept up to meet Emma's petrified eyes.

"No! No, we can't let her use dark magic," Hook immediately demanded, suffocating the words right out from Emma's open mouth.

"Regina, this was the whole point of you pretending to be the Savior." Snow interjected, desperate to save her daughter, but Regina could only think about losing Robin, another loved one and she exploded.

"The whole point was not for Robin to die and I'm not asking you, I'm asking," her breath hitched as she turned her attention back to a frantic looking Emma. "I'm asking, her" she implored in a state of frenzy, because the last person she should be turning to is Emma, but she's passed desperate.

Emma peered up at her with the fear and inner turmoil written across her face. "I don't know what will happen if I use my powers again."

Her heart was pounding so severely in her chest she knew it was either going to tear through her sternum or leap from her mouth. She could barely catch her breath, but she found the courage to ask for something she knew she had no goddamn right to.

"I can use that dagger to make you do this, but I'm not," she insinuated, hating the way the tears pricked at her eyes and threatened to fall in front of people who were once her sworn enemies. A dry lump swelled in her throat, urging her to shut up, because how dare she ask someone she's been sleeping with consistently for years to save her boyfriend, but she continued. "I'm asking you. I've lost love before and I won't again," she whimpered before taking a deep breath and staring directly into worried eyes. "Please...save him."

Emma held her gaze, and all Regina could see was someone who cared so deeply for her, that she would risk it all to make her happy. "Alright, I'll try," she whispered, and Regina's heart shattered knowing exactly how much she was torturing Emma.

And not just because she's the damn Dark One and shouldn't be wielding that vile magic, no, it was all because she knew Emma loved her, and yet again, she easily shoved her life, her feelings aside to ensure Regina's happiness. Emma already sacrificed her life for Regina and imprisoned herself to the damn dagger and yet Regina was still pleading for more and Emma was so willing to hand her whatever her heart desired.

Emma slowly approached Robin, hovering her hand above his lifeless body. She froze, something flickering across her mind and convincing her to spin around on her heels. She began speaking to someone, someone who wasn't even there, a figment of her imagination. Hook called to her, hoping to drag her back from whatever she was suffering through, but Emma shrugged him off, practically ignoring him.