Chapter Fourteen

She had rolled over in bed earlier that morning, despising the way her brain sloshed around against her skull in the stale alcohol Zelena persistently shoved down her throat the previous night. Her entire body felt heavy, like the poisonous liquid filled her bones and kept her weighted to the bed. Or maybe it was from all the guilt torturing her soul?

Her eyes remained tightly shut while her hand blindly felt around the bed next to her, for the person who has now become a stranger in her life. Except, she felt nothing but the cold sheets, prompting her to breathe out a deep sigh of relief. Killian wasn't beside her and she was thankful for small miracles, because the last thing she wanted to do was feel him pressing his hard member against her bottom, pleading for a quickie. She had to speak with him today and end their relationship, obviously, but trying to do that while he was whining for sex wasn't ideal.

She had gone about her morning routine, but taking a few aspirin and finding a bottle was a top priority. So, she sluggishly carried her heavy feet down the stairs and called for Killian, thinking maybe he was already downstairs preparing some much-needed coffee. However, he was still missing. She called to him while she chugged a bottle of water, she even called for him while she made an entire pot of coffee, but he was gone.

So, she had carried on with her day, not bothering to text him because not only did he never answer the damn thing, but she found his phone charging on the countertop. She had showered and forced a bagel down her throat to settle the queasiness that refused to vacate her body. When lunchtime approached and Killian still wasn't home, she became restless and decided to stop by Regina's office.

It is a Saturday and the mayor should be off work, but Emma remembers her saying that she needed to complete a few things today. So, she breezes right into the office and closes the door behind herself.

"Miss Swan..." she hears that sultry voice taunting her from behind, persuading a plethora of goosebumps to pop along her burning skin.

Damn Regina and her damn voice for always being so raspy and seductive. It seems to always short-circuit Emma's brain and turn her on every damn time she hears, Swan, roll so seductively off her tongue.

"Madam Mayor..." she sasses right back, "How's your head?" She casually inquires, strutting across the office and making herself comfortable on the couch.

"Fine, thank you," the mayor clips, short and snooty, throwing Emma off balance once again today. "This morning was a hell of a lot worse." And she's still refusing to even glance up from her paperwork and it's driving Emma a little mad. "How come you are here?" Regina inquires, her dark eyes peeking through her eyelashes as she absentmindedly pokes her full bottom lip with the end of her pen.

Emma swallows because she has a very distinct feeling that the mayor is taunting her right now. Her mind quickly shuffles through what little information she has from the night before, wondering if her drunk self did something to provoke the queen this morning?

Maybe because they never finished what they started in the bathroom?

"You were on my mind, so I thought I'd come pay you a visit," she softly says in hopes to smooth over whatever wrinkles are between them at the moment.

"Mmhhmm..." Regina hums, but Emma has had this gorgeous woman so many times by now that she knows that sound is more of a teasing moan.

Green eyes narrow, inspecting closely as that damn pen slips between those plump lips, that are stained in blood red today. Without ever processing her next action, Emma is already up from the couch and enclosing the massive wedge between them. That's what this woman does to her, clicks off the rational part of her brain and flicks on the part that only dreams of dirty images of Madam Mayor. She struts toward the elaborate desk with dark, lust-filled eyes never straying from her body. She curls her fingers around the armrests and spins Regina's chair to face her direction.