Chapter 9

The reception party would have been something every girl would desired of .The liveliness ,the vibrant aura ,the festivities ,the blessings ,the dances ,the chaffing and what so not only if the contract had not existed .Despite all the merriness ,I was feeling heavy hearted .I felt as there was a burning fire in my gut .

I felt all the eyes on me .The girl who would spend her weekends at home with a cup of tea rather than partying at clubs with a bottle of vodka , the girl who gave her all to get good grades rather than to get a hot boyfriend, the girl who only fantasized a fairy tale rather than living it , she was finally getting noticed .

Why?
Because she was now the daughter-in-law of the Arnold family ,the wife of Ryan Arnold .
It was alien...unknown .No one really gave me that much of importance.

I sighed with a deep breath and accepted all the felicitations and blessings with a smile .

                                      ************************************

Ryan opened the door , walking in . I stood in the doorway ,biting my lower lip ,unaware of what to do .
He turned around and raised an eyebrow at me .
"Are you planning to camp there ?," he asked .
"No...no,"I shook my head .
"Oh God ,Bellina, just come in ," he was slightly irked . I took steps forward and he closed the door as I looked around .
At the moment,we were present at his parent's place .They wanted us to spend a few initial days with them .We were standing in Ryan's room at his parent's .

The vast room had light grey walls and was opulently furnished with furniture in dark green and grey with touches of tan .

Ryan glanced at my dress and then said "Maman told me that she has your clothes hung in the wardrobes in the washroom. Go and change ,then I will like to have a word with you ," .I nodded and following his instructions ,I walked towards the door that seemed to be the washroom .

I found two long closets beside each side of the walls of the door .I opened the glass door of the mahogany furniture .I found that portion filled with my belongings ,I had sent here .

I took a shower to get rid of the hair products they had used on my hair .Then ,I slipped on some grey trousers and a full sleeved, red shirt .After I came out, Ryan went to shower and once he returned we sat down to converse.
Ryan held his forehead ,exhausted and I waited for him to speak .
He looked up ,at last .

"Bellina ,I have fulfilled my part of the contract , your debt is paid. Now ,it is your time to play your part ," I listened to him ,my eyes on my lap .
"You have to make the world believe that we are ....,"he paused .
"....that we are in love .Make my parents happy and satisfied because I married for their satisfaction. And ...," he looked at me ,closely .
"And I don't want any mistakes that can lead to anyone accusing the whole drama .One wrong move ,Bellina ,and the whole responsibility is yours ,"he said in a stern manner .
Then he continued, calmly .
"I will also do everything to help you along ,for the sake of this one year of my as well as your life ,"he finished .
Then for the first time I opened my mouth .
"Stay positive from my side Ryan .I have myself only and I will devote it to this contract ...to this contract marriage, "I said ,silently.

He examined my eyes "Very well," Then he stood up .

He walked towards the other side of the bed and picked up a pillow. Then he proceeded towards the door .I watched him with slightly surprised eyes.

"Where are you going ...?," I asked .He turned around ."I am going to spend the night in the study ," and before I could utter a word ,he left .
"Oh, so we are not supposed to share beds," I thought .I felt upset about the fact that he left because of my presence.
After staring at the tiled floor for a while ,feeling uncomfortable in a completely different room that belonged to someone else .