Coffee or Soda?

Poppy: Hello! Welcome to Troll 2 Troll where we debate the big questions. I'm Poopy and this is Broonch. *giggles*

Branch: "Poopy" and "Broonch"? *shrugs* Can you please take things more seriously?

Poppy: *laughs* Just kidding! I'm Poppy and this is—

Branch: —Branch! *grumbles* Maybe you'll say "Broonch" again. *rolls eyes*

Poppy: *giggles* And today's topic: Coffee or Soda?

Branch: I think—

Poppy: Soda!! It's always served at parties! It's full of sugar, and it's what makes it sweet!

Branch: *glares at the screen*

Poppy: Hmm...but what I hate about soda is the bubbles. Ugh, it makes you burp at all times!

Branch: And that's because soft drinks contain carbon dioxide gas. Soda manufacturers add this by forcing CO2 and water into your drink at very high levels. This adds a pleasantly acidic flavor and an interesting mouth-feel. When it's not present, the soda would taste flat.

Poppy: *blinks*

Branch: And by the way, the half-cup sugar in soft drinks are not good for your health, so I'd go for coffee.

Poppy: But coffee tastes so...bitter! And drinking a lot of it makes you too alert.

Branch: Mhm, that's because coffee contains caffeine — which is a psychoactive stimulant that increases wakefulness, attentiveness, the ability to focus, and overall energy levels. Oh, and it also prevents some diseases too. But don't drink too much! Since caffeine is a stimulant, it can increase heart rate and blood pressure, which is bad news to our health.

Poppy: Whoa. That was informative Branch! I got to learn that anything that's too much is bad — like love! Too much love can kill you, right Branch?

Branch: Yeah...? *scratches head*

Poppy: By the way, I don't really know what to choose. Maybe...neither? Both are unhealthy, as what you have said. So I choose to drink water instead to be healthy! *giggles*

Branch: *chuckles* Cute.

Poppy: Well, that's all for today! *waves*

Branch: *takes a deep breath* *whispers* Agh, finally, Poppy forgot about the crush thing.

Poppy: ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°