primo amore

"as the little prince grew older, the little princess was always by his side."

"jaein!" his older brother greeted as he answered the door. "jungkook's not home right now." he kept his eyes casted downward at the floor.

"are you sure?" the nine year old said, questioning him because he wouldn't look her in the eyes. the older boy let her into the house. "he told me he was home." she took off her shoes and sat on the couch.

"w-well..." his brother said.

"what--"

"BOO!" jungkook screamed as he jumped out from behind the couch. the little girl screamed and fell off the couch.

jungkook remembers laughing so hard that he started tearing up. he remembers making fun of her as she shouted at him for scaring her.

"but one day, when the prince was a teenager, he found the little princess talking to another prince."

jungkook remembers feeling betrayed when he saw jaein walking home with another boy. who was he? how long has she known him? how long have they been talking? did she like that boy better than him?

"so one day he confronted her."

"who's that?" he asked, trying to seem nonchalant about it. 

"hanwoo," she said, eyes glued to her phone.

"is he in your class?" he asked.

"he sits next to me in biology."

"oh," he said, walking away from the topic. he felt that ever since they entered high school, she had been drifting away from him, and he didn't like that one bit.

"the prince felt like he was losing the little princess, who wasn't so little anymore."

"dude, just tell her how you feel." his older brother said over the phone. "you obviously like her based on how jealous you are."

"i'm not jealous," he argued, not believing his own words. "but-- like-- how do i tell her?"

"just do it. grow a pair, walk up to her, and ask her to be your girlfriend. you can do it." 

"but it's not that easy," jungkook said. he remembered being so nervous to the point where his hands started shaking. 

"hey, i gotta go. good luck." the phone hung up.

"the little prince mustered up all his bravery, and decided he wanted to be the princess's knight in shining armor rather than her future king."