inizio

"the little prince gathered his horses, and put on his strongest suit of armor, before riding off in search of the princess."

jungkook remembers not being able to calm his trembling hands. 

he didn't think that telling someone how he felt was going to be that hard. but the fact that he might get rejected because of some guy he didn't know was enough to send his nerves into overdrive.

inhale, exhale.

"there she was-- standing over a balcony in her manor, but in the arms of another prince."

jungkook waited afterschool to walk jaein home from school. then, he decided, was when he was going to tell her how he's felt about her all these years.

but instead of walking out alone, she was walking out with hanwoo.

"'stop!' the prince screamed. 'removeth thou filthy hands from thy princess, or thou shall suffer the consequences!' the prince unsheathed his sword and pointed it towards the couple above him."

jungkook felt a surge of anger swell inside him as he walked over to the two.

"i'm walking you home," he said as he grabbed jaein's wrist, pulling her away from the other party.

"b-but, what about hanwoo--" she said, being tugged away by jungkook and waving back at hanwoo, who looked mutually as confused.

"'who art thou whom attempt to separate us?'  the man retorted, hiding the princess behind him and unsheathing his own sword. 'name thyself!'"

"'thou need not know my name. thou best release thy princess!'" jungkook retorted.

"'enough!' the princess shouted."

"what was that for?" jaein said, pulling her hand away from jungkook's grip. "hanwoo was going to walk me home."

"but i've been your friend longer!" jungkook retorted, halting his steps. "what's so good about hanwoo that you have to ignore me?" he pouted and looked down.

 jaein smiled when she saw jungkook acting like the little bunny he is. 

"i'm sorry, kookie." she said, pinching his cheeks. "i should've paid you more attention."

jungkook looked at her with his signature puppy eyes she couldn't refuse. "are you really sorry?" he said.

she nodded. "yeah. i'm really sorry." 

"then, will you listen to me?" he said, his heartbeat increasing with every second.

"yeah, of course." jaein said. "what's wrong?" she asked, noticing his sudden change in behavior.

"'thy princess is my beloved!' the prince shouted, sheathing his sword at the sight of the beautiful princess. 'i won't allow thou to interfere with thy love!'"

"i like you, jaein." he said, holding her hands tighter. "ever since we were little, i've liked you. as more than a friend."

he looked down at the floor and his bangs covered his eyes. "that's why hanwoo is bothering me so much."

"'beloved?' the man protested, still holding up his sword. 'who art thou to assume thy title?'"

"'enough,' the princess said, resting a gentle hand on the sword and lowering it. 'tis true. thou art my beloved.' she said, smiling and outreaching a hand towards the prince."

"i like you, too." jaein said. "a lot."

"'let us go, princess.' the prince says, whisking her off her feet. 'to a land of happiness.'"

"and that's when the prince finally became the princess's knight in shining armor."