sleale

"but a few years after their daughter's wedding, the queen had a not-so-nice encounter with a fairy."

jungkook noticed some strange behavior in his wife.

she was starting to forget little things that she usually wouldn't forget, like where the soy sauce was, even though she cooked everyday. like forgetting to put the clothes in the dryer after they were washed, even though she did laundry every week. like forgetting to take off her shoes at the front door, even though it was a household rule she implemented herself.

"the king thought it was not such a big deal. maybe she had a lot on her mind that made her forget to do some things.

but his subconscious told him that it was something more than that."

"i think i'm going to take mom to the hospital tomorrow morning," his daughter said. "something's off."

"i think that's a good idea." jungkook said. "i'll come along as well."

"yeah," his daughter said, picking up her infant son in her arms. "i gonna take take taehyung home now. he looks tired." she said, rubbing the infant's back. "goodnight, dad. see you tomorrow."

"goodnight, sweetheart." jungkook said, waving the two goodbye. "bye tae tae. see you tomorrow."

"bye bye," the baby said, rubbing his tired eyes but still smiling at his grandpa.

"the king was filled with endless worry for the queen. she was not the forgetful type. was there something very wrong with her?"

jungkook held his wife's hand as they sat in their daughter's car on the way to the hospital. rubbing her hand with his thumb, he tried to assure her, and himself, that nothing was wrong.

he wouldn't know what he would do if the love of his life was ill.

"the royal doctor visited the queen, and told the king that an evil fairy cast a spell over her."

jungkook sat in the doctor's office, holding his wife's hands tightly as his daughter told the doctor her symptoms.

"i'm sorry to inform you," the doctor said, taking off his glasses as he presented the family with the news.

"the king was devastated,"  

jungkook froze.

"could he take her place? why was this happening to her?"

"your wife is showing the early signs of dementia."

-

**dementia--
a chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes, and impaired reasoning.