esistenza

"but over time, the king began becoming more distanced from the queen because he got too busy with governing the county."

after the proposal, jungkook and jaein moved in together, saving enough money to rent an apartment in a quiet part of the city for the two of them. 

 but during the same time, jungkook got a promotion at his office job, which entailed longer work hours and less days off, but more money in his paycheck at the end of the day. jaein busied herself with her work as a teacher in a first grade classroom while he busied himself in the office.

"as a result, the queen grew more reserved, and found her internal light becoming more dim as each day passed."

jungkook noticed jaein's attitude changing. the once energetic, lively girl was now a quiet, reserved, and timid woman, who only got more and more isolated as time passed.

he knew it was because he wasn't at home as often as he used to be. the guilt he felt was evident-- being engaged to another person was supposed to be a happy time to spend with the person you love. but instead he spent that treasured time at his office table.

"but the queen's love for the king never died, no matter how much her flame diminished."

jungkook sensed jaein's love for him. she encouraged him to take the office job, putting his priorities and happiness before her own. she would take up early in the morning to cook him a hearty breakfast and pack him lunch before he head off for work. she never yelled at him for forgetting to do chores such as washing the dishes and doing laundry because she knew he was so tired from working all day, which showed how much she cared for him. 

"but the king halted his business when the queen told the messenger that she demanded to see him."

"jagi?" jungkook said out of breath, rushing through the front door of their apartment as soon as his shift ended. "what's wrong?" he said, grabbing her shoulders and checking her up and down. "did something happen?"

"calm down, honey." jaein laughed, placing her hand on his arm. "nothing bad happened."

a look of relief washed over jungkook's face. "thank god."

"jungkook-ah," she started. "i have good news."

"that night, the king and queen celebrated in great joy, and announced to the public with immense happiness that the kingdom was expecting a new baby princess."