modificare

"on morning of may twenty-fifth, the king and the queen welcomed a new baby girl into the kingdom."

the day jungkook and jaein's child was born, jungkook felt like a new person. his perspective on life changed. having a child he now had to care for and raise to be well-mannered person filled him with a sense of responsibility and a motivation to be a better person.

"but as he watched his baby princess grow, he watched her grow into a beautiful woman; watched her fall in love; watched her get her heart broken; watched her turn into a leader; watched her get swept off her feet, and watched her get married to the man she fell in love with."

jungkook remembers his eyes tearing up as he walked his daughter down the aisle.

"it's okay, dad." his daughter whispered, nudging his arm as they reached the end of the aisle. "i'm still here."

"i know," he whispered, his heart breaking as he handed her over to her fiance. 

"but it hurts to let go of my little girl." he whispered, causing his daughter's eyes to glisten over in tears. "don't hurt her." jungkook said to his soon to be son in law. 

he nodded. "never."

jungkook walked back to his wife who was seated in the front of the ceremony.

"how are you coping?" she asked him, holding his hand.

he sighed. "not well."

"you know, you made my dad feel like that." she said. "the feeling you're feeling right now."

"i know. i wish i could apologize to him." he said, thinking of his late father in law. 

"it's okay. he knew you made me happy." she said, giving her husband's hand a squeeze of assurance. 

"that day, their baby princess became another country's queen before their very eyes, and the king felt a sense of emptiness in him that lasted for a long time."