Cheeky

"You have returned to the court at your own queen's bidding." The proper, old lady said to the 5 young girls. "As noble ladies, you must counsel her, prepare her, account for her. For the Princess Elisabeth's wedding, as with any event, you must acquaint yourselves, and Mary, with all visiting royalty and dignitaries. Who amongst you is fluent in Italian?"

All of the girls' heads turned to Aylee. "I suppose I am."

"You will sit next to the Pope's cousin. He has no teeth and speaks very quickly." All of the girls, except for Aylee, let out a snort and a laugh. The woman rolled her eyes and left the girl's to get ready.

"Are all these dresses from Paris?" Greer asked as she spun around in her green dress.

Lola walked passed them in her white dress and spun around as well. "If Colin could see me now he'd marry me in a second. I look of age now; we all do."

"You know what I'd like to do?" Aylee spoke up. "Explore. We haven't been here since we were children. Surely the castle's changed. Who's with me?"

~🌹~

"What aren't you with Colin?" Juliet asked the sad looking Lola. Lola nodded her head towards the young man who placed a kiss on Mary's hand. "What's he doing with Mary?"

"She's his queen. He's just paying his respects."

Mary noticed Lola's discomfort and asked her five ladies to come dance with her. They all took off their shoes and made their way to the middle of the room.

They all spun in a circle holding hands until they broke off into pairs. Mary with Lola, Greer with Aylee, and Kenna with Juliet. Soon enough the dance was over and the five girls crowded around their queen.

"Elisabeth and Philip are leaving." Kenna said in a quiet tone to the other girls. "It's time for the consummation. The ritual, the ceremony, the mystery. Aren't you curious?"

~🌹~

"You're the famous Juliet Alton I've heard Mary talk about." A deep voice asked the young blonde girl. The girl recognized the boy right away as Sebastian. The king's bastard son.

"You're the famous Sebastian De Portiers I've heard so little about." Juliet took a sip of her wine as Sebastian walked to her side.

"Well, what have you heard?"

"That you're Francis' haft brother and the King's bastard."

"So, that's my reputation?"

Juliet nodded, smiling. "So, what's my reputation?"

"Just that you're Mary's closest friend and you lost your parents at a young age." Juliet's smile fell and she turned her eyes to look into her wine. "I'm sorry if I upset you."

"No, it's not you. It's just hard. I barely knew my parents and yet, I miss them."

"I understand. Perhaps we could continue this conversation another day. I have a dog to look for in the morning."

"Stirling? Good luck with that." Sebastian nodded and took the girls wine, downing the whole thing. "Mary's right, you are cheeky."

"Perhaps. Until next time, Lady Juliet."

"Until next time Sebastian."

Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. Sorry the updates have been slow, but I did worn you.

Love ya😘
Bye.