Bad Men

Juliet walked towards the carriage, young Pascal gripping tightly to her hand while her husband waited for her next to it.

"Pascal's coming with us if that's all right with you." Juliet explained quickly.

"Of course." Bash agreed. "He'll be in good hands. As will you. These men will escort you home and stand guard until I return."

"I knew it. You're going to find Visegard, aren't you?"

Bash nodded before kneeling down in front of the boy. "I'm going to search the mountains. If I find the man with the sharp teeth, I'll make sure he can never hurt you again. I promise."

As Bash stood up again, Juliet turned to Pascal. "Pascal, will you go wait for me in the carriage, please." Pascal nodded and climbed inside the carriage. "I actually believed you. I believed that you wouldn't run off head first into the most dangerous place imaginable. I believed that you actually wanted to be there for our children."

"You think I want this?"

"I don't know what you want. Maybe you're just not suited to domestic life. To family life."

"I know we got married because nobody wanted a bastard on the throne, but we were in love long before. When we did get married it didn't feel like a burden or something we had to do. I wanted to marry you. You are what I want. I want to come back to you. To both of you.  I just have to finish this first."

Juliet nodded sadly and prepared to leave. Before she walked to the carriage, Bash placed a gentle kiss on both her lips and her belly.

Juliet pulled away from her husband and, with the help of one of the guards, climbed into the carriage next to Pascal.

~🌹~

"I lie behind the star-bright sky, I do not fear this life's good-bye. Close your eyes for my caress."

Juliet turned to the small boy as she heard the rhyme leave his lips. "I've never heard that rhyme before. Who taught it to you?"

"My father."

"Do you want to tell me what happened to your father?"

"A bad man killed him."

Juliet brought the boy closer to her side. "Whoever killed him will someday be punished. Bad men always get what they deserve."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.