Candle in the Window

After a long day of talking to Mary about what Bash said, the only proof she got was the Francis said he didn't do it, and Mary believed him.

Juliet had a feeling she wouldn't be able to find anything more. So, she did what Bash asked, and lit a candle by her window. 

~🌹~

That morning, before the sun had fully risen, Juliet met Bash in the little place in the woods where they had kissed. Bash was already there by the time she arrived.

"What did you find?" Bash asked as Juliet climbed off her horse.

"I spoke with Mary, and she said that Francis claims he did no such thing."

Bash scoffed. "Of course he did. And let me guess you believe him?"

"It doesn't matter what I believe, Bash. Francis is next in line to be king. If he wants to make evidence or destroy it, he can." Bash sighed and looked out into the distance. "Maybe Francis was right, maybe we should leave France."

"And go where?"

"Anywhere. We wouldn't have to be involved with the backstabbing and the lies of the French court. We could leave all this behind us."

Bash smiled at Juliet and quickly kissed her. "It's a lovely dream, but until I figure out who is trying to kill me that's all it will be. We will never be safe, not fully, even if we leave France."

"Then let me come with you."

"No, I don't want to risk you getting hurt. Once I figure out who wants me dead then we can leave. For good. I promise. Just give me some time, okay?"

"Where will you go?"

"I'm staying at the small house we went to after we were wed. If you need anything or you just want to see me, I'll be there."

Hey guys. Sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoyed anyways. Thanks for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.