Regrets

"First, you write your regrets on this ribbon, tie them to the stern, and watch as they sail away." The man explained to the five girls that surrounded him.

"What a lovely tradition." Mary said happily.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you all were actually enjoying your time in court." All the girls turned to the voice that belonged to Sebastian. Bash turned to the other girls, addressing them . "Mary, Kenna, Aylee, Greer, Lola... Juliet." As Bash said the last girl, he sent her a wink. Juliet looked down with a small smile and a blush as the memories of last night filled her head.

"You two are so awkward." Kenna mumbled to her. Juliet bumped her side, telling her to be quiet.

"As a matter of fact, we are. Hello, Bash."

"So what's brought about this change?"

"Well, you'll find I'm not difficult to please. Just don't make an attempt on my life and you'll find I am quite gay."

"Hm, is that all it takes?"

"That and your brother." Mary practically swooned. "What about you? What's got you so happy?"Bash looked from the queen of Scots to his love. Mary followed his gaze to her and smiled. "I see."

"Well, I should go. It was lovely to see you, your grace." Bash bowed slightly and left the ladies.

"He is so in love with you." Lola pointed out to Juliet. Juliet bit her lip to hide the giggle that was about to escape.

"And you're so in love with him." Greer added. Juliet blushed and looked down at her feet once again. "Just be careful. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Now I'm sure of it." Aylee spoke before Juliet could reply to Greer's comment.

"Greer, Lord Castleroy has been staring at you all morning." Kenna added, nodding her head towards the older man that kept stealing glances at her.

Greer glanced over to him, then back to her friends. "Well, don't look! He would be a great catch. His father's a Hapsburg, 14 removed from the crown. Rumor has it he's made a fortune in the spice trade."

"Well," Juliet started, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, "what are you waiting for? One foot after the other." Greer took the ladies advise and walked over to the man. The girls giggled as she left.

~🌹~

"It's a talent really." Greer complained to the five girls. "No matter the topic, he can wing it back to pepper." The girls laughed as Aylee gave her a look to tell her to be quiet. "Sorry, sorry. Go on."

Aylee brought the book back up to her face. "Et vacet annalis."

"I bring up politics," Greer started again, "'Pepper transactions are a political minefield.' History. 'The peppercorn has a storied past.'"

"I doubt he me wind Virgil back to pepper." Aylee said annoyed.

"Oh, stop. We know what happens. He wonders around Troy for another 100 stanzas."

"Be nice." I smacked Greer's shoulder.

"Okay, fine. Let's talk about something else. Like you and Sebastian."

"What about us?"

"Oh, I don't know. How has you relationship been going? Are you two happy? Have you been intimate?" Greer mumbled the last bit causing Juliet to spit her wine back into her cup. Some of the other ladies in the room gave her a weird look.

"Excuse me?" Juliet choked out.

"Oh, come on. We all want to know." Juliet stayed silent and simply played with the ring on her right pointer finger. "Oh my god, you have!"

Juliet shushed the girl. "Not that it's any of your business, any of you. But yes, we have. Twice."

"Oh my god." Kenna said surprised. "As it turns out our sweet, innocent Juliet isn't so sweet and innocent."

"Like you can judge, Kenna." Juliet snapped. Kenna's eyes widened. Unaware that Juliet knew of her and the king. However, Bash and her have shared secrets, not only about their lives but about those around them. Bash simply told her because he was afraid that Kenna would get hurt.

"All of you, that's enough." Mary whisper shouted to her friends that were now falling apart.

"I'm going to go get more wine. Excuse me." Juliet quickly got up before anyone could stop her and went to her room.

Hey guys. Thank you for reading. I decided I was going to leave Olivia out because 1)I kind of dislike her 2) she jeopardized my OTP, Francis and Mary (even tho she was being controlled by Catherine) she still wanted to do it 3) I just can't stand to see my two babies (Francis and Mary) fight like that over her.

Thank you for listening to my rant. I am done now.

Love ya😘
Bye.