Tom"ass"

(Juliet's costume above)

"Well, I would never know there was a costume banquet in an hour, from the faces I see." Mary said noticing the sad frowns on her ladies' faces.

"How can you be so cheerful knowing how soon we're leaving." Lola looked from Mary to Juliet. "Well, most of us."

"Should I spend my last hours in France moping and tears?"

"Don't forget pining and regret." Kenna added noticing the king behind Mary.

"Mary's right." Greer said, breaking the silence that had fallen upon the ladies. "What's the matter with us? Why wallow in misery if we have a choice? Why not use the hours we have left to seize some pleasure while we still can?"

"Yes, some pleasure. Or perhaps some spite."

"A lovely wood sprite. France will never forget you." Mary comment on the costume Kenna had picked for herself.

"I hope that they won't."

Aylee noticed the costume Greer had picked before the rest of the girls did. "You're going to dress in a footman's livery?"

"Yes, why not? But in case I change my mind, I'll take both."

Juliet followed after her with her pirates costume in hand.

~🌹~

"Are you sure you should be swinging that sword?" Juliet asked Bash as she noticed him practicing in the garden. "You might reopen your wound."

"Well, better my sword reopens it than someone else's." Juliet laughed, as did Bash. "Come here." Bash grabbed the girl's small hand and brought her to him. He placed a passionate and deep kiss on her lips, which she returned. A cough was heard behind the pair making them pull apart and turn around to Francis. "This isn't over." Bash whispered to Juliet before turning back to his brother. "Aha! St. Michael aren't you? Better be a real sword if you plan to slay Lucifer."

"You had to bring up Tomas?" Francis said sadly to his older brother.

"I don't understand why he changed so quickly." Juliet added. "Before Mary said yes, Tomas was a whole other person. Now he's, Tom'ass'." Bash and Francis laughed at the girl's comment.

"Well, he was desperate. He'd been looking for a queen all over the continent. No doubt to make sure the Pope declared him legitimate. Of course he'd put on an act of it got him what he wanted."

"Well, he got bloody lucky, didn't he?" Bash said angrily. "If I hadn't been ambushed getting those men off to Scotland, Mary wouldn't be marrying him."

"Say that again." Francis said, connecting everything in his mind. "If our men hadn't been ambushed then Mary wouldn't need his men, or his marriage proposal."

"Simon wasn't the traitor." Juliet put together.

"Tomas was." Bash finished.

~🌹~

As the trio walked into the throne room, they witnessed Tomas had Mary in his grasp. Her body pressed against his while she was looking uncomfortable and a little physically hurt by his grip on her.