Mother's Love

Juliet walked down the halls of the castle trying to clear her mind. The mark on her hand from the necklace, a symbol that either she died or Bash killed someone for her. She wouldn't allow it. She was never a damsel in distress, but she never had to deal with Pagans either. She knew Bash was going to kill someone for her, that's just the type of person he is. But that's what worried her.

"Are you all right dear?" Diane asked the young, worried girl who had stopped by one of the windows.

"Fine." Juliet answered simply.

"No, you're not." Diane joined Juliet by the window. "I know what Bash has to do." Juliet's head snapped towards her. "I'm his mother, he tells me everything. Does he tell you everything?"

"Of course."

"Really? So he's told you that..."

"You use to be a Pagan? Yes. And I don't love him any less for it."

"You're a brave girl." Diane quickly grabbed her wrist and squeezed it tight. "Brave only gets you so far, my dear. You need to understand something, Bash and you can never be together."

"And why is that?" Juliet asked, trying her best not to wince.

"You are putting my son in danger. If it wasn't for you, he wouldn't have to kill anyone. He wouldn't have to risk he's life just to keep you safe." As she spoke her grip continued to get tighter.

"Mother!" Bash shouted as he reached the two. "That's enough! Release her, now."

Diane dropped her wrist and smoothed out her own dress. "I hope you've got the message." With that, she left the two.

"Are you okay? Let me see your wrist."

"I'm fine, Bash. Really."

"Juliet." Bash gave her a stern and concerned look. Juliet rolled up the sleeve of her dress to show a deep red mark from where he's mother's hand use to be. "I'm so sorry. I was so worried about protecting you from Pagans that I forgot to protect you from the worst one of all. My mother."

Juliet chuckled but continued to look at the mark on her wrist. "Maybe she's right. Maybe I am putting you in danger."

"Hey," Bash brought the girl's eyes to his. "You are not putting me in any danger. This is my decision..."

"To protect me."

"I would do this to protect anyone. Even a complete stranger. Just because I am doing this does not make it your fault. The Pagans are the ones making me do this. Not you. And yes, it isn't hard to make a choice like that when they are threatening the love of my life."

"I love you too." Juliet smiled and placed her head against Bash's chest while his hands wrapped around her waist.

~🌹~

Night soon fell upon the castle. Sebastian left without a word and Juliet stayed in her room fixing the fire in front of her.

"Has Sebastian returned?" Juliet asked her servant, Rebecca, once again.

"Not yet, my lady." The servant replied, fixing the worried lady's bed.

"And you told his servant to bring word immediately?"

"I did. My lady, you need to rest." The servant said worried.

"Yes," Juliet looked down at her marked hand. "Fear is exhausting. But I wish I knew Bash had returned. Without harm to himself or..." Juliet turned from the fire to her servant. "Come and sit with me, Rebecca. Tell me something about yourself I don't know."

Rebecca smiled and made her way over to Juliet. "There must be some story you'd find more diverting than mine. Some fairy tale maybe?"

"One with a happy ending."

"Shall I return that for you?" Rebecca stuck her hand out to take a prod from Juliet when she noticed a mark on her hand. One similar to the one on her own hand. Juliet quickly stood up from her seat and help the hot prod in front of her.

"It's you. You were the one who put the necklace on my pillow. The one who threatened my life." Rebecca reached in her boot and pulled out a long dagger. "Guards!"

"Don't bother. If the King's bastard fails again to pay his debt, he'll need to learn."

"How many of you are there?"

"Enough."

"Rebecca, you'll burn for this. All of you. Guards!"

Two guards rushed through the door and quickly grabbed the servant pulling her away.

~🌹~

Juliet, once again, found herself in front of the same windows in the hallway. Her eyes scanning the area for any sign of Sebastian.

"Juliet!"  The girl snapped her head to the voice she recognized. "You're alright." Juliet nodded, even though it wasn't a question. "It's done. The debt's been paid. Your safe now."

"Bash what did you do? Tell me." Bash looked from his love's eyes to the floor beneath them. Juliet noticed his discomfort and sadness. "It doesn't matter. What's done is done. All that matters is that we're here. Together, safe."

Bash took Juliet's small hands into his own, giving them a gentle kiss. "That's all I could ever want."

Juliet placed a small, quick kiss on his lips before leaning into his chest. "Thank you. For saving me."

"Of course."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. There has been a lot of cute moments between them. I think this might be my favorite couple that I am writing about. I hope you enjoyed. Have a great Memorial Day!

Love ya😘
Bye.