Chapter.2

The madam bursts through the door and slams it behind her. I flinch. This is gonna be bad. "What the hell do you think you're doing? and why are those rags covered in blood?" she says as she snatches them out of my hand and holds them by the corner. "I-I don't know" I stutter. "Don't lie to me!" She says and takes her other hand and slaps me. My face is throbbing with pain. I take my hand and reach up and touch my face. I notice her staring at my wrists probably looking at my scars and cuts. I whip my hand down. "WHATS THAT?" she screams.

"I- I- I accidentally cut m-myself."

She purposely grabs my wrists,not buying my excuse, putting to much pressure on them causing them to hurt and bleed even more. I yelp in pain.

"Shut up" she says grabbing my hair. I tried to kick her off but that just caused her to connect her fist to my face. Yep, I already know that's gonna cause a bruise.

After some more of the usual intense beatings, she pulls me up by my hair and sends me strait to my room. "Today's adoption day. Go change out of this crap and make yourself look presentable. Not like you will actually get adopted" she scoffs and turns around, her heels clicking with ever step. I quickly make my way up to my room, forgetting about my now dried up blood covered wrists.

Out of my very few clothes, I pick my navy blue collared shirt and khaki shorts that I wear every adoption day. Supposedly, a man who has his own son is coming to adopt today in 15 minutes.

I take off my dirty clothes and put them back in my drawer. I quickly put on my shirt and shorts and some black cheap flats. I quietly rinse off my cuts so they wouldn't be so noticeable. I went down the small set of stairs and joined the back of the line.

The man who was wanting to adopt came in with the madam next to him. He had his black shades on but he took them off. I quickly recognized him as the same man who was here a day or so ago asking me the many questions.

I stood strait up as he went down our line, the younger kids in the front. He passed the front of the line. He approached the back of the line and slowly walked by each and everyone of the older girls, now approaching me.

He stopped right in front of me and tuned to me. "Ah, yes. I found you" he said to me.

----------------------------------------------

Who is this mysterious man you say? Well you probably already know considering you read the prologue(: vote and comment and maybe follow? thank ya ~Hannah ~Christine