seven.

Her entire life, she spent thinking about how to help the world.

Everyone, at some point in their lives, wanted to change the world. Make a difference.

But, at some point in their lives, they'd give up on that dream. She gave up on that dream. And she's had a hole in her heart ever since.

He was her silver lining.

Her chance to change at least one person's life, someone who needs and truly deserves it.

The next day, when she presented him with a styrofoam meal box, her life changed. His smile as soon as he opened the box instantly brightened her world.

"This...this is for me?" he looked up at her, eyes wide.

"All of it is, " she nodded. "And before you ask, yes. I've already eaten breakfast. I'm not hungry. That's all yours."

He was speechless. "Thank you but–but why?"

"You deserve it."

The more he gazed at her, the more beautiful she looked. Her thoughtfulness made his heart swell.

  She seemed to be nervous as she averted her eyes from him. But as soon as his hand reached for hers, their eyes locked. Neither of them could look away.

  And neither of them wanted to.

  "Thank you, " he whispered softly. Every emotion he felt were laced in his voice and she heard all of them. Loud and clear.

  Her lips, her eyes, and her soul smiled delicately at him. It was the most stunning moment he ever witnessed.

  He watched her hand gently squeeze his before she murmured: "Thank you."

  Just like that, she stood and left him with a box full of pancakes. With three maple syrup portion cups, of course.

  He didn't understand why she thanked him but nevertheless, he knew something more than gratitude was growing inside him.

  Perhaps he wasn't just a homeless boy after all.