nineteen.

"Estelle Castillo."

"Miles Everly, " she responded, smiling brightly at him.

They were sitting on the roof of the Castillo Companies building. She invited him there because it was her secret spot.

And she wanted it to be their secret spot now.

He gazed at her. "Who knew a poor boy like me would be able to simply hold hands with a rich girl like you?"

"Why do you define yourself that way? Poor?" she asked him and he sighed.

"Because that's what I am."

"But that's not all you are, " she leaned closer to him. "The amount of money you have does not define you. It's your heart. Your soul. Your words."

"Thank you, but...as much as I hate to admit it, money helps. Think about it, Elle. Why would you want to be with me when I have nothing to offer you?" he shook his head sadly.

She frowned. "Miles–"

"I can't give you what other guys can. I can't take you out on dates to fancy restaurants or even to a cheap movie. I can't buy you birthday presents, Elle. Those roses? I'll only be able to buy you another bouquet next year, if I'm lucky!" he exclaimed and she gently put her hand on his.

"I don't care. I don't care, Miles. I don't want all of that. I just want you. You're enough, " she reassured him.

He stood and covered his face with his hands. She could hear his shaky breathing.

When he finally faced her, she noticed tears were threatening to fall from his glittering green eyes. "You don't understand. I want to give you the world, Elle. I want to give you everything I have and more because you deserve it. And–and..."

  She felt her heart pound in her chest. Everything around them seemed to move in slow motion. Her legs were wobbly as she walked over to him.

  Without even a word from him, she already knew what he was going to say. It was all in his eyes.

  "And because I love you, Elle. I love you so much that it hurts, but I wouldn't stop loving you even if I was given all the money in the universe."

  "I love you too. With all of my heart, Miles, " she breathed out and instantly wrapped her arms around him.

  The intensity, the undeniable connection they had was good as gold.

  Nothing could make him love her any less and nothing could make her love him any less.

  No matter how much money she had in the world; no matter how much money he didn't have in the world, nothing would change between them.

  If anything, their love would only increase.

A/N: so? How do you feel about these confessions? Comment your thoughts and I'll reply, as always.

  Here's a forewarning: the next chapter might be the last chapter before the epilogue. Keyword: might. I'm not entirely sure, but there's a pretty high chance!

  Thank you for reading; you're a wonderful person :).