Building a Bridge

'I sigh, walking towards Gato.

"Fine! I'm leaving! Call off your thugs!" I yell to Gato, skipping around his thugs.

They pause, and he orders them to raid my mansion. I shrug, taking my chakra out of everything besides the hover board on the water.

I take one last glance back, before zooming away to the other island I see.'

Tazuna waves to me, having been gone for about a week.

"Hey! How's the bridge going? I got the ninja to protect me, but one of 'em is injured! Think you could heal him?"

My head nods on its own accord, my mind drifting to what it would be like if I were a fish. 'Blub.' I think, following Tazuna to his house.

When we reach Tazuna's house, he opens the door and removes his sandals. I follow suit with my shoes.

"Tadaima! I brought the guy I was talking about earlier. Come on, he's right there." Tazuna gestures to a familiar silver haired man.

I walk up to him, kneeling as he stares at me. I poke him. His eye twitches.

"You're that one anbu, Inu, was it?"

Poke. I ignore the kids asking how I know him.

"Why are you injured?"

Poke. He glares at me. I don't notice.

"Did you get out of shape?"

Poke.

"Or did someone beat you?"

Poke.

"If you did get beaten, then you're out of shape."

Poke. SNAP!

"Oh, whoops. I think I irritated him, Tazuna." I comment, looking at my broken hand. Tazuna sighs, shaking his head.

A pinkette speaks up, saying, "I wonder why, with you poking him and insulting him."

I immediately notice the sarcasm, grinning at the pinkette. Everyone blushes for some reason. My grin fades as I start speaking, hand already healed.

"I can't heal him, unless one of you have an earth and lightning chakra type? Heh, he just needs rest, unless you want me to heal the minor injuries?" I state, glancing at Tazuna. He facepalms.

"You say everything is a minor injury, Karma." Tazuna mutters, and I pout at him. He rolls his eyes, and I turn towards Inu. I heal every single injury I could on Inu, flicking his nose when I'm done.

"There," I sit back on my heels, "good as I can get you. Here's a lollipop. Medics give those to patients, right?" I stand up, walking towards the door. Tazuna stops me, and Inari jumps on my back, kicking the back of my knees causing me to fall.

"Wait! Stay for dinner at least. It's the least I could do for you. No making excuses, since I know you don't have anywhere to be." Tsunami says, and I sigh, nodding. Inari makes a small cheer.

I look around the house. It looks nice. Too bad Inu and emo ruin the image. The sun gleams, shining on a blond boy. I stare.

"Has anyone told you how beautiful you are?" The blond turns to emo, snickering.

"You have fanboys too, Teme! Hahaha!" Emo glares at the blond.

"He's looking at you, Dobe!" The blond looks at me, grin dropping as he scrambles away from me.

"Ahh! Not a pedophile too! We already have to deal with a perverted sensei!" The blond yells. I tilt my head.

"What's a pedophile?" Everyone in the room seems to freeze, turning towards me. Inu sighs, sitting up.

"You still haven't remembered your past? Amnesiac, do you even try to remember?" Inu asks. I shake my head. "A pedophile is an older person who has romantic or sexual interests in a child below legal age of marriage. Naruto thinks you're a pedophile because you told him he looked beautiful."

I stare at Inu, then the blond, Naruto is his name I believe, then Inu again.

"Romantic? Sexual? I have neither of those feelings towards him, though." I say, "I was just complimenting him on his appearance. How do others put it? Ah, in other words, he looks nice today... Am I not allowed to say that?"

I turn to Naruto, bowing deeply.

"I apologize for complimenting your appearances, Naruto-san." I look at emo.

He has a dark aura around him, the sun hits all the wrong angles, and his attitude is less than stellar. All in all, he's what I would call an eyesore. Naruto starts laughing, and both pinkette and emo glower at me.

"Huh, like Tin-san... Did she reach her dream of marrying you yet, Kalachi-san?" I ask, noticing the room get colder.

"Scars may fade, but memories always linger, torturing those who have them."