Shinigami

Before they could, Death appeared in front of me, blocking the kunai with his scythe.

"Uh, thanks. I was hoping they wouldn't hit me if I stayed still." Death hums at me, appearing in front of other blue people now that I'm safe. Soon, a weird looking kunai flies towards me and a tall blond haired man looks at me. I blink at him.

"Hi. Uh, Minato, right?" He glares at me for some reason, and I tilt my head.

"So you were an Iwa shinobi trying to infiltrate the village all along? I can't believe I felt guilty for turning you away." I tilt my head, looking behind me.

"You mean those people with the rock headbands? No, I just wandered into here. I was passing through when the rock people ran away, and I wanted to know what happened." I explain, and Minato's glare lightens a bit, though doesn't disappear.

"How can I trust you?" I shrug. I then point to the red liquid.

"I don't know how you can, but regretting trusting someone is better than regretting not trusting someone, you know? Why is there red liquid on the ground, by the way? I mean, I know it came from people, but what is it?" I say, looking at him. He gains a look of disgust.

"Why are you asking me? Ask your Iwa buddies." I blink, looking behind me once more.

"I asked you because you were the leader of those three people my age. So you must know what it is, if you're causing those dead people to spill it." I nod at my own flawless logic, and don't notice Minato's worried frown, him changing it back to a glare.

"So you mean to say you coincidentally walked into this battlefield." I nod, pointing to the direction I came from.

"I came from that direction. I'm still following the directions that one kid, Kakashi showed me, since I don't know when Konoha ends." Two people with masks appear next to him, confirming what I said for some reason.

"The kid isn't lying, Minato-sama. Everyday he walked in the same direction until he couldn't walk anymore, slept where he fell, and then continued the next day." The first masked person states.

"Had we not been there, he would've starved out and never woken up, probably still walking in the same direction in his afterlife, not noticing he was dead." The second one adds in. Minato looks at me.

"You weren't lying when you said until you die, were you?" I tilt my head.

"Lying? As in, not telling the truth? ... Why would a person with amnesia lie? They have no memories to lie with. After all, a good lie is a lie with some truth added in, right? ... I dunno what that means, but yeah." I ramble, backing away as I realize if he doesn't believe me, that I'd die. I just made a friend! I can't die before I find out their favorite color! Soon, Death walks up.

"Okay, let's go." I nod at him, before turning to Minato and the masked people.

"Well, I'm going to go now, bye." I walk with Death, him walking in the same direction that I was going before hand.

A few hours into the peaceful walk, Death speaks up.

"I'm going to train you, so that you can survive alone, and so that incase I or one of my subordinates aren't around, you'll be able to put souls where you believe they belong. Your opinion means everything. If you look through their lives and decide to put them in the land of demons, then you can do so. There are many lands that the dead can go to. There's the civilian-tech land, the land of demons, the land of angels, the land of nothing, the land of waiting, the land of gods, etc. Shinigami are the all-gods, the gods ruling over the gods. No one can escape death, not even gods, after all."

No one can escape Death, not even gods.