0.12

Chapter 12: Final Decision

A month had passed since Bella's death and things were perfect, Amaya and Jacob were growing closer, the two of them being civil enough to have a conversation and laugh with one another but even then they remained just friends. "I want to go on a hike."

"I have patrol," Jacob answers her, he wasn't apart of Sam's pack but he still partook in making sure that Forks was safe in his own way. "I have to get Seth too, he's been spending a lot of time with the Cullen's since that baby was born."

Amaya didn't respond, the topic of the Cullen's sore. None of them had spoken since Bella died and she wanted to keep it that way. "Be safe and don't take too long."

"Wouldn't dream of it, I've kept you waiting far too long already."

The blonde tried to hold out, walking around her house for a couple hours before she couldn't hold it anymore. She gathered a strong rope with latches and an anchor after changing into comfortable clothes that would suit the terrain.

It took her nothing but an hour to make it to her favorite spot, a large rock wall with plenty grooves and enough room for her to comfortably climb with little to no issues. So, she got to work, climbing as quickly as she wanted to, the anchor at the top keeping her safe from a painful fall.

She wasn't sure how much time passed but she was gradually getting higher and higher, her arms got achy but she pushed through it until her foot slid on a faulty groove, her calf slicing open and pouring out a steady stream of blood. It didn't hurt too bad and it was something she was used to having done this multiple times.

It wasn't until she'd heard the harsh crushing of rocks beneath her that made her heart pound in fear, a threatening growl coming from someone's throat. Amaya tried to go faster, get to the top quicker than she'd ever known before but whatever was beneath her was faster, a chilled bony hand wrapping around her ankle and pulled her harshly from the wall, her anchor flying down with its sheer strength.

Amaya flew through the air, her body falling and she knew she was going to die until she didn't. Strong arms caught her, a hard body falling gracefully onto grasslands.

Adrenaline pumped through her veins, her vision blotchy as her near death experience had her hyperventilating. "Maya, calm down. You're okay."

"Let go of me," She struggled, pushing away the cold hands that saved her. It took a moment but finally, her vision cleared out, her breathing regulated. "This cannot be happening."

"Please, Amaya you can't say anything."

"Like hell," She snapped fiercely, her azure eyes blazing with anger and fear. "How long were you going to hide that she isn't dead?"

Edward stood there vulnerable in a sheer white button up shirt and jeans, Bella standing beside him with a figure hugging cobalt colored dress. That's not what bothered Amaya though, it was the intensity of the females blood red eyes. Though they held flecks of gold, proving that Bella was slowly transitioning to animal blood, her body's source of blood disappearing as her vampirism fed off of it. "We've kept quiet for this long."

"What about Seth? He's there all the time."

"We make sure Bella doesn't go in his line of sight, that way when he shifts Jacob wouldn't know."

Amaya went still at the name, the hairs on her back standing straight as she finally processed what were to happen if anyone knew of this information. "Jacob doesn't know she's alive?"

Bella frowned, her chocolaty brown hair falling perfectly over her shoulders. "No, I haven't seen him."

"Awesome," She gritted through her teeth. "Might as well forget about him now that you're still breathing."

"Technically—"

"I don't really care about whatever joke you plan on cracking. Everything was fine and now you're back and you're going to ruin it again."

Bella stepped back in remorse, her red irises casting down in sadness. "That was never my intentions, Amaya. I really want you to know that. I love Edward and I love Jacob too but just not in the way he wants me to."

"Wanted," The blonde quickly corrects without even realizing. "He doesn't want you anymore, he hasn't even spoken your name since you died."

"But, I'm not dead."

Amaya turned her back to them, running her shaky fingers through her hair, trying to get a grip on what was happening and unbeknownst to her, tears were welling up in her eyes. "I'm painfully aware of that."

"We can take you home and fix you up before you leave to go to Jacob. We won't say anything if that makes you feel more comfortable."

It wasn't until then that the pain in her calf became present, blood trailed down her leg, but the bleeding had already clotted, stopping anymore of her life essence from coming through. "It won't matter," On cue a loud howl cut through the trees, one high pitched and filled with worry. "He knows I'm not home now, he's already looking for me. It'd make no sense to lie."

"I'll call Carlisle and let him know we're coming."

They all walked through the woods, going at a slower pace to accommodate the human in their presence and even though Amaya ignored it she heard Edward gently talking to Bella, encouraging her that she was doing great and that she just needed to hold her breath for a little while longer.

She wasn't sure how much time passed but everything went by fairly quickly until she stood standing in front of the Cullen's home. "You can go in," Edward chuckled to himself, walking past the still blonde and walking into his home. "You don't have to be nervous."

"I'm not nervous," Amaya looked to the side, she could feel him out in the woods. "Jacob's here."

"What the hell did you do to her?" A harsh voice snapped through the trees, stomping forward in cut offs.

Bella came out from behind her husband, her eager eyes locking on him. "Jake."