0.14

Chapter 14: Surprise, Surprise

Two days had passed since Bella's vampirism was known to the others and Amaya was waiting for things to change, but it hadn't yet. Jacob still came over her house every night and every time the werewolf retired into the blondes room under the watchful eye of Jackson Hunnam.

"Is he ever going to give me a break? It's been months and he still hates me."

"Jax doesn't hate you," Maya consoled her imprint, she was dressed in one of his large t-shirts and her pair of jean shorts. "He actually likes when you're around now, gives him a good reason to leave the house to look for Leah."

"That's why he opens the window so loud every night."

"Yeah," She opened the curtains, letting the sunlight in the room. "What's going on?" She gently asks once she sees him tense for a moment after checking his phone.

He sighed deeply at the text message displayed on his phone screen, something he used so rarely since he's turned. "It's Leah, she said Seth just found out the Cullen's were leaving and he ran away. She doesn't know where he is."

Amaya watched him with concerned baby blues, her blonde hair being pulled back into a messy braid before slipping on shoes and making her way to the bedroom door. "We should probably go then, look for him and make sure he isn't doing anything rash."

"We?"

"Yeah," She answered nonchalantly. "Seth and Leah are family, they have a problem we have a problem."

"Again, we?"

Amaya groaned aloud, her head falling back as she tried to form into words what she felt. "I'm trying here okay, I've been holding a grudge against you for about a year now and I'm tired of it. You're my imprint and I refuse to ignore how I feel for you anymore. So, if Seth needs us, then we're going to help him."

Jacob watched her walk of out the room, his face turning up into a gleeful grin at her words that made his heart swell with joy.

The duo drove to the Cullen's home, walking to the tree line where Leah emerged in a tank top and shorts. "What happened?"

"Seth overheard beefcake over there talking about how they'd be leaving soon. He didn't know they'd be gone for decades, and he pieced together that they were just going to leave the kid here."

Amaya peeked over at Emmett who didn't look particularly guilty but less than amused that a scene was being caused because of his words. "Where'd he run off too?"

"He's back now," Leah admits, suddenly looking much more tense and nervous.

"So?"

She shifted to her other foot, raising her arms to cross over her chest. "He told Charlie."

Amaya's eyebrows rose up, the alpha beside her doing the same thing as he tried to fully grasp what it was that his pack member was saying. "He told Charlie what exactly?"

"Well, more like showed him." A sheepish voice came from behind Leah, Seth's muscular body peering over her shoulder before fully standing in front of Jacob. "I didn't know what else to do, I couldn't just let them leave with her. She's my imprint, I can't protect her if they plan on taking her to Alaska."

The Cullen's came outside, them all gathering against the deck, eyes stern. "You don't realize the danger you've put him in," Bella immediately jumps in, her red eyes trained solely on Seth. "If the Volturi finds out they will kill him."

"I didn't tell them about you," Seth defends himself, his voice much lower than usual, he hated making people upset, especially people he deemed nice. "Just me."

"Not even that," Edward continued, seeming much more angry than he was particularly worried about his father-in-laws safety. "Did you consider the pain you'd be putting Bella in. She's still a newborn and controlling her thirst around human blood is like pressing a white hot branding iron down her throat."

Amaya finally stepped forward, her frame resting beside Seth, a calming hand on his shoulder as she took the initiative to defend him. "Hold on, he didn't mean any harm. He acted like you would if Bella was just up and leaving. He loves that—" The female hesitated for a moment, trying to move her mouth to form the word baby but it just couldn't come through. "—his imprint and image the pain you'd be putting him and your daughter in if you leave."

"Like you'd know."

"I do actually. Not being with your imprint is like living with one lung, struggling to breath and having to do twice the work to function correctly." Amaya quickly reprimanded. "Don't yell at him, he's solving a lot more problems than you think."

Esme had been quiet until then, when she'd nodded at the girl who'd once been her daughter. She'd grown so much since she was with them and it was easy for her to agree and listen to the words she was speaking. "She's right, Edward. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing, Bella can finally see Charlie and she only has to control it for an hour or two. I can help."

"Me too," Alice chimed, her topaz eyes lighting up at the idea.

Edward was clearly tense, his eyes looking at his wife while he silently asked her if it was okay. Taking a much needed deep breath, Bella gave in. "What do I have to do?"