0.17

Chapter 17: I Don't Do Favors

Yet again, Amaya Hill found herself standing inside of the Cullen residence, Bella Swan being in the middle with her husband and child, eighteen different red eyed vampires scattered all around her, the blonde being the only human. "You brought me here to be a snack?"

"Not particularly."

"Well," Garrett looked Amaya up and down with greedily blood red irises. "I would not object."

Jacob growled, stepping closer to his imprint, wrapping a muscular arm around her shoulders to prove his dominance to the million year old vampire before him. "She's taken."

Bella's brow raised, but instead of commenting on it she simply waved the blonde away from the crowd. "I need you to do me a favor."

"Are you joking? Me, do you a favor? No thanks." Maya made a move to turn away but she was stopped before she could.

"I wouldn't ask anything of you if it wasn't important. I've already taken too much, I know but I need to take one more thing."

The blonde listened obediently, her arms crossed over her chest in anticipation. "What is it?"

"If this ends badly, I need you to be Renesmee's guardian."

"Excuse me?"

Bella backtracked, her eyes fluttering closed as she tried to figure out the right words to say. "I know how that sounds but Amaya, I saw how you were with Ness and I know Seth's her imprint and everything but he's only a kid and I want her to be with someone who can keep her safe. Please, Maya, I'm begging you."

"Bella, I can't just go running around with your kid. The Volturi will come after us, they didn't kill me before because I was apart of the group and it's no secret they have a soft spot for the Cullen's. Once they realize I'm not with them anymore I'll be on their hit list and if you dump your child on me then she'll be in danger too. I don't have the resources to just jump the gun and leave the country to protect her."

Reaching from behind her, Bella showed large red backpack. "I have everything you'll need in here. Passports, money, credit cards, everything you'd ever need."

Amaya cocked her hip out, her hand rested on the poked out bone. "You've got balls, Swan. After all this time, I'd have thought you'd known better than to ask me for something. Haven't I given you enough? Now I have to give you my identity, force me to be someone else to protect a child that has no relations to me."

"No relations? Seth is apart of your pack. Isn't there some kind of rule that ensures an imprints safety? Something, anything?"