0.16

Chapter 16: Immortal Curse

Months had passed and the small child that Bella had birthed was growing much faster than normal. The barely five month old girl looking as if she were eight.

Snow was falling from the sky, the weather nippy but not cold enough for the snow to stick yet. "We have a problem," Jacob and Seth stomped through the doors of Amaya's home, the smaller werewolf looking stricken with grief and anger.

"What happened? Is everyone okay?"

"There was a vampire, she came to the Cullen's home to apologize and she saw Ness catching snowflakes."

Amaya's blue eyes darted between the two, waiting for them to finish what she didn't understand. "Okay and?"

Seth took a seat, his hands twirling together as he tried to get a grip on everything. "They think she's an immortal child and she took her information to the Volturi."

Eyes widened at the information followed by a deep sigh. "What are you guys planned on doing about that? The Volturi aren't the most understanding kind, they won't plan to come here to talk about it. They'll just kill her."

"They can't!" Seth exclaimed, his face scrunched up with anger as he shook before her, his body reacting to the words she spoke and his genes were bubbling beneath his skin, whispering for him to shift.

"Seth," Jacob shouts taking large steps forward until his body blocked Amaya's, the alpha tone in his voice forcing the smaller werewolf to calm down before he hurt his alpha's imprint. "Step away from her, she didn't do anything wrong."

His face castes downward, his heart dropping at everything happening. It was all too much and he wasn't sure how to handle off of it. "The Cullen's think it'd be a good idea to recruit some of their friends, like a testimony so they Volturi don't jump the gun and hurt Renesmee."

"Testimony?"

"Yeah, they're all flying out tonight to find some of their older friends, try to get them to vouch for us when they come for us."

Amaya froze momentarily, her head leaning forward as if she were trying to hear what he said better. "Us? I'm sorry I don't follow."

Jacob now came forth, his face glancing at his packmate as if asking for good luck. "We were thinking that maybe you too could be a whiteness and attest to the kid."

"I'm sorry Seth, I'm glad you found your imprint and everything, I really am but there's no way I am risking my life for another Cullen."

"It's not a fight," He argued, taking steps forward until he had his hands on her shoulders, showing his desperation. "It's just words, we need you to testify that you know she was born while Bella was human. We don't have much time, Maya, Alice predicted the Volturi will be here before the next snow sticks to the ground."

"Not a fight, my ass," The blonde scoffed but she gave in anyway, unable to reject a packmate of saving his one and only soulmate. "What are we doing other than speaking words that will fall on deaf ears?"

Seth ignored her pessimism, tugging her in for a deep hug and thanked her repeatedly. "You don't understand how much this means to me. All you have to do is be there, Jacob and the other will make sure you're safe just in case a fight does break out but you will always be safe, I promise."

"I wouldn't put you in a situation where you could get hurt, I promise. They just need to see your face since you have history with them, I'll throw them off guard and we'll have the upper hand."

Amaya rolled her eyes, stepping past them. "It's fine, not the first time I'd be used as bait."

"Not bait," Jacob promised, his large, warm hand encasing her small wrist and pulled her back to him. "Do you trust me?"

"Jacob."

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes, I trust you."

His hands rested on both sides of her face, the two of them so close she could smell his minty breath. "Then trust that I won't let you get hurt. I myself will be the one to take you away from the area if it gets even remotely dangerous."

"Even if it did come to a fight, it wouldn't matter. The Volturi are strong, they have very strong vampires with ridiculously dangerous powers."

"I'm a werewolf."

Amaya rolled her eyes at him, their faces still so close. "You're cocky."

"I think we have a chance."

The tone in his voice made Amaya rethink what she was planning on saying. "Are you still talking about the fight or?"

Without another word, Jacob broke the space between them and pressed his lips on hers. They were warm and soft, making sure that he took care of her fragile body as he embraced her. "I will protect you with my life."

"Not your life," She counters, the two still close. "Keep that safe for me."

Jacob smiled at the caring words she'd spoken. They took a step back after Seth cleared his throat uncomfortably. "I'm still here, you know."

"Shut up, Seth."