Chapter 21: Unknown Cousin

Wait, I forgot to ask your name, what's your name?!

"I'm Kurayami Saika! Nice to meet you, little bro!" She cheerfully said.

Eh?!

"Surprised aren't you? But I'm not really your literal sister. I'm your second cousin, from your dad's side. You probably don't remember me since we only met when you were five." She said.

So, my parents know you?!

"Of course, silly. Your dad's second cousin is my dad, and it's probably just mere coincidence that we have the same last names. Um, the Kurayami lineage is quite big you know!" She excitedly explained.

Can you take care of that irregular, Saika-san?

"Of course I can, a little hypnosis would work on that one." She confidently replied.

Can you take care of it for me? I need to go somewhere important.

"Sure! Let's meet by the love bridge once we're both done!"

I quickly reverted to my human form on top of a building and texted Mitsumi.

Hello Mitsumi, sorry to bother you, but I really need your dad's number right now, do you have it?

After texting her, I immediately reverted to my shadow form and headed towards our place. 

.....

Yuki and Mitsumi both sat in front of the television, watching the reports about the sudden attacks of irregulars. The dinner has already been prepared by Yuki but the two of them seems to have no appetite. Both of them eagerly waited for Hikari to come back, even though he told them that he wouldn't be able to come for their dinner.

"Where do you think Hikari is right now?!" Yuki alarmingly said. "Is he fighting some of those irregulars by himself? It's not like I'm doubting his skills, but, he's not even an irregular in the first place, how could he capture them with the help of the authorities, let alone beat them?!"

"He's just aiding the authorities, Ms. Yukino, you don't have to worry about him." Mitsumi assured her. Please be alright, Hikari! She said to himself.

The two of them began gluing their eyes on the television screen.

Breaking news! An irregular had been rampaging on a night market at approximately six fifty-four at night. A few citizens has called the authorities to rush in the place and capture the irregular. And the authorities quickly rushed to the scene.

But when they got there, the rampaging irregular has already been knocked unconscious! After interviewing multiple stall owners and passers-bye, they all said the same thing. A cute girl wearing a face mask rushed to the scene and quickly defeated the irregular in less than a minute. A few of them were able to take a picture of the girl.

A picture of a cute girl, wearing a face mask, was shown on the whole screen of the television.

Who is this girl? Is she an irregular as well? 

The reporter then handed her mic to a little girl and asked her. "What can you say about the girl who stopped the big guy?"

"Onee-sama is so cool!" The little girl excitedly said.

This is...reporting live....

"Wait?! That's Hikari, right?!" Yuki exclaimed as she squinted her eyes, to see if she wasn't dreaming.