Chapter Eleven: The Secrets That Bury

Music is "Shallow" by Carys Selvey.

Picture is Tatiana Maslany as Emma Barnes.

·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·

Author's Note

Hey everyone! Just a few short announcements before the update.

First of all, thank you to everyone who's prayed for my grandfather. He's still in the hospital, but he's mostly stable for now so that's good. Continue to pray for him, though. He has a long road of recovery and they still don't know what's wrong with his heart, so please and thank you again. It means everything to me that you all care so much and ask about him. I love you ladies and gents.

Second, just letting you know that my Newt Scamander novel, Spellbound Silence, is being updated weekly now. Three chapters are already up! Go check it out! It would mean a lot to me!

Third, apparently my anniversary passed while I was on holiday, so yay! Happy second birthday to this account! It was started May 7th, 2015, and I've never had so much fun writing than in these past two years! Thank you all for your support! I love you!

Final notes: for those of you who probably have the Avengers movie memorized, this chapter might flow a bit funny for you. I've had to change the order of the lines a bit so it would fit my story better. Every single line is still included, I didn't omit any, but they're in a little different order towards the end.

That's all! Enjoy!

Your friendly neighborhood author,
- Royale Wolf, aka SaveTheBrooklynBoys

·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·

CHAPTER ELEVEN: The Secrets That Bury

Steve and I look all over the Helicarrier. I show him rooms that will have restricted access. We look through manifests, inspect unmarked crates, and find nothing. We get to one of the last rooms that could have any contraband, only to find it locked. "It doesn't even ask for security clearance," I observe aloud.

"Fury must be the only one with the code," Steve adds. He motions for me to stand next to him. "Help me pry it open."

"You can't be serious."

"As a heart attack."

I walk over to his side, placing my hands below his on the metal door. We pull with all our strength, eventually forcing it open. I wipe my hands off on the pants of my new uniform. "Thank god for super strength, yes?"

Steve nods, entering the restricted room hastily. It's lined from floor to ceiling with metal crates. I peak at the manifest that's connected to the wall. "Phase 2," I read aloud. "What the bloody hell is Phase 2?"

"We're about to find out." Steve walks over to the nearest crate, breaking the locks and opening it. He sucks in a deep breath. "Emma, you'd better get over here."

I hurry over towards him, looking over his arm and into the crate. Inside the metal box is a weapon. It doesn't appear to have ammunition storage like most weapons. These must use a different kind of ammunition. "I've never seen weapons like these," Steve says.